CCR Bailout Bottle Bracket

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RebreatherBoy

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for an extremely clean and trick sidemount bailout bottle holder for the Inspiration. The inner reinforcement plate would need to have flush mount countersunk screw heads so it doesn't grind away the dil cylinder paint.

I have heard of MetalSub in Germany, will have to do a search under that name...LDS has some custom ones that look pretty nice too, just checking to see others recommendations....

The bracket at that site appears to have two concave surfaces to conform the circumferences of adjacent cylinders. The Inspiration has an ABS housing that would require a relatively flat surface to mate to the exterior, and an internal thin sheet metal strip with a countersunk screw as the clearance to the diluent tank is minimal.

Looks like a well made unit though.....I wonder if they have different versions described as needed.

RebreatherBoy:
The bracket at that site appears to have two concave surfaces to conform the circumferences of adjacent cylinders. The Inspiration has an ABS housing that would require a relatively flat surface to mate to the exterior, and an internal thin sheet metal strip with a countersunk screw as the clearance to the diluent tank is minimal.

Looks like a well made unit though.....I wonder if they have different versions described as needed.
Did you see the photo of the Mk 15 rebreather? The main bracket has been drilled and screwed - it's designed to mount using large SS hose clamps, but the concave is shallow enought that it can mount on a flat surface.

Not much use if you don't have access to a drill though! AFAIK there is only one size version.

Scubaroo:
Did you see the photo of the Mk 15 rebreather? The main bracket has been drilled and screwed - it's designed to mount using large SS hose clamps, but the concave is shallow enought that it can mount on a flat surface.
Also from Oxycheq's website another photo of a MK15, this one with Tiger Mounts on the side and a D.E.S. mount on the bottom.
The caption reads:
"Mark Webb Johnson's rig all dressed out.* Butt mount design credited to Dave Sutton and Enrique."
http://www.roho.co.uk/acatalog/Robin_Hood_WS_IRAMS_from_Tiger_Gear_79.html
http://www.techdivetools.com/rebreather/inspiration.html#bracket

RebreatherBoy:
I have heard of MetalSub in Germany, will have to do a search under that name...
In Germany Metalsub is sold through http://www.deepbandits.de/
who also sell a metal carrying handle for the Inspiration which is a popular attachment point for small tanks (drysuit inflation). Nice replacement for the weight & pouch. :D

Since you don't have your location posted (fill out your profile), the caption says that the Metalsub mounts get shortend and two additional holes. There's a matching piece that goes on the inside of the case. Price for one set including mounting hardware & installation. 5 days return time from arrival of your shell. Works for up to 7ltr. alu or 10ltr. steel tanks on the Inspiration.

Now you got more choices than your box has sides.

I just thread cheap pony clamps through the inboard tank mount straps (which I swaped to cams), Works well, easy to remove and much cheaper

Check out Quickdrawbracket.com The owner custom builds similar brackets to his pony bottle bracket for this very purpose. They were the hit of DEMA last year. He sold every one he had and he is willing to build one for any model rebreather on the market.

Kevin Parkhurst
Scuba Instructor
IDEA, WASI, NASE, PADI

RebreatherBoy:
The bracket at that site appears to have two concave surfaces to conform the circumferences of adjacent cylinders.

It still mounts to a flat surface fine. I use these on my KISS, which also has a flat surface where the G-snap is mounted, with no problem. I just cut about 1/3 of the bolt post on the snap so they did not protrude beyond the bolt, otherwise they could abraid the counterlungs. You could do the same to avoid scatching the internal dil tank on the YBOD.

- Ozzy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom