Cayman Will Re-Open Borders to Visitors in March 2021

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We were a part of the first eight that did the self quarantine on Little Cayman.

Quarantine was breeze.

We are going to go back in late May and will do it again if necessary.

Three month stays so it makes sense for us.

Clearly I am in need of some more Cayman Picture of the Day posts...

(shameless plug) You should follow our Facebook or Instagram. We have great photos almost daily from our in-house photo pros. ;-) (/shameless plug)

We were a part of the first eight that did the self quarantine on Little Cayman.

Quarantine was breeze.

You are the first person who I've heard call this a breeze ;-) Most of our seasonal residents are climbing the walls on day 10. One of our regulars showed up at the dive shop about 10 minutes after he was cleared to be released, and he looked like he had been adrift at sea for 15 days. He was so happy to see other humans.

The downward trends of cases, and the success of the vaccines in the US and UK are of course good news for all, but particularly for the border opening plan here. In other good news, CITA is now working directly with the Cayman Department of Tourism so we are no longer duplicating efforts. We've had cooperative meetings already, and have 6 more scheduled in the coming months. There's actually a lot that needs to happen before we are ready to actually open the borders.

Those who follow Cayman news closely will have likely read that Parliament was dissolved early this term, and the elections have been bumped up. There's lots of local political turmoil I won't get into in this thread, but many believe the border reopening will not be until after a new government is formed.

Tony

You are the first person who I've heard call this a breeze ;-) Most of our seasonal residents are climbing the walls on day 10.

Maybe it was our expectations and our advance preparations (food and booze in place upon arrival.) for the quarantine that we made? Maybe it was we were just so happy to be back in Little Cayman?

We really did enjoy just sitting.

We did some work, streamed TV, had pizza delivered, neighbors took out the trash, sat on the back porch, was about all we did.

Maybe we are just comfortable with each other?

Maybe we're just nuts for enjoying it? And for welcoming the idea of doing it again?

Maybe we aren't normal? I certainly would not rule that out.

We did enjoy our dives with Jo, Beth and you over Christmas. Hope to see you again this summer.

We did enjoy our dives with Jo, Beth and you over Christmas. Hope to see you again this summer.

Ah! Good to put a face with the name! Nice diving with you as well. We were back in Little for 10 days for the Grouper Moon, but I either didn't see you or was way too tired from the project. We will be back often enough, we love spending time in Little.

Tony

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom