Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

M0012485.jpg

A nice Reef Shark on the Brac. He didn't stick around long. Central park I think. Cheers

Another Cayman Sponge. (Grand)

PICT0021.jpg

Little Cayman...

---------- Post added February 3rd, 2014 at 06:44 PM ----------

Sergeant Major, Cayman Brac

Start of a typical South Brac swim through that exits over the wall. It was a long, convoluted tunnel with a couple of deeper tunnels you don't want to go down. The exits are well below 110 feet. The South Brac has a bunch of these towards the East end, truly spectacular.
The water is so clear, the depth is hard to judge without gaugeM0012335.jpg

I like those walls on the south side of the Brac, here's a spot from Rock Monster:

It was quite deep at 110 on this particular shot, hanging around and composing the shot pushes your computer time to the limit.

---------- Post added February 5th, 2014 at 05:29 PM ----------

On the edge of the world, Little Cayman

This is the Pillar Coral at Coconut Walk on Little Cayman. I think it's the most gorgeous stand of Pillar Coral I've ever seen. I took this shot yesterday when there was a screaming current running through there. I was even a bit worried about being able to make it back to Lea Lea's so that I could make a straight shot back to shore without banging into the fringing reef.

IMG_1638.jpg

Very nice.

:jealous:

The good news about Brac is the ever increasing numbers of the big breeder Nassau Groupers. More every year and they are quite the camera hams.
Hope the Jamaican fishermen leave them alone this time.

M0012454.jpg

Yeah, I have been seeing the same thing on LC. They always used to have quite a few grouper, including several large and friendly ones. But in the last couple of years, there seem to be even more, and they just keep getting bigger. I saw one last September that was just enormous...he looked like an aircraft carrier laying under a ledge getting cleaned by shrimp and wrasses.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom