Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We swam out (snorkel) beyond the reef breakers once. It was tough trying to float over it, very shallow. Once on the other side it was much deeper (maybe 50' I'm guessing) with fingers heading out to sea. We wanted to shore dive it but decided it would be impossible to cross the reef with scuba gear on.

We swam out (snorkel) beyond the reef breakers once. It was tough trying to float over it, very shallow. Once on the other side it was much deeper (maybe 50' I'm guessing) with fingers heading out to sea. We wanted to shore dive it but decided it would be impossible to cross the reef with scuba gear on.

I've always wondered if it was doable and what the other side looked like!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Snorkeled here for quite sometime, octopus, gray angels, barracuda, scorpion fish, grunts, several different groupers, a turtle,plenty of the reef usual's.
Boat ramp on the north side of the Brac:

M0010367.jpg

Pretty little gems, Radar Reef

Last edited:
M0011833.jpg

Here is a nice dive, Burt's Boulder's buoy is just west and you can swim east to some nice diving that's not on the map. I'll call it Dan's dive just because no one ever wants to go with me. On exit, it can be an urchin nightmare if the waves hit just right. Cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom