Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orangesided Goby

OrangeSidedGoby-CA255964-Edit-L.jpg

Pretty sure this is a Seafan Blenny from today's 2nd AM dive on Great Wall West in Little Cayman. But I am open to persuasion if anybody has an alternate ID they'd like to suggest.

Grumpy Seafan Blenny.jpg

Closeup of tagged hawksbill...LC 2007.....

7625853974_479629fc94.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Saw this guy this morning (unfortunately) on Sarah's Set, Little Cayman. Hadn't seen such a dark phase before. Are they able to change shading like groupers? Or are some just much darker than others?

Dark Lionfish.jpg

Pretty sure this is a Seafan Blenny from today's 2nd AM dive on Great Wall West in Little Cayman. But I am open to persuasion if anybody has an alternate ID they'd like to suggest.

View attachment 136125
I think it is a member of the Emblemariopsis family.( what I commonly refer to as a Blackheaded Blenny,blackhead emblemariopsis signifera, Seafan Blenny a bit different,although part of the family.Have numerous photos of both, in different stages..somewhere.:)
Good shot, These guys are very shy in this phase and tough to photograph!!

---------- Post Merged at 07:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Todays , another seldom photographed Blenny, this one a member of the Starksia family, ID is yet to be determined.:)

StarksiaBlenny-P3285020-Edit-L.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder if this is Luke that we saw this morning on Sarah's Set then...

Attachments

• Spotted Moray.jpg
    Spotted Moray.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 204
Juvenile Dwarf Wrasse
West Bay Dock shore dive

DwarfWrasse-juvenile-P1162688-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom