Cayman - Picture of the Day

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess I am pushing the'pic of the day' to include an occasional video... This video (which includes stills) was done by a friend John D and was last week when Ellen and I met up with our friends from Jupiter Beach, Florida and they stayed with us on the East End. Great weather, great diving, and most of all great being with John, Bobbi, Pat, and Big John. Brings a smile to my face and had a LOL when Big John and I were at Kaibo caught butt bumping dancing :rofl3:

For a special time, we joined Ocean Frontiers for the once-a-year coral spawning night dives.... on 9/5 at 9:30pm are the shots in the video. Corals spawn once a year at a particular date(waning moon) thus around 9/4-6 with some spawning sooner and some later thus the 3 day night dives span.

Cayman's Sept 2012 - YouTube

Last edited:
Nice video, great shots. Next month, baby :thumb: Hopefully our 'on order' Intova Sport will be here by then.

Cool...you will have a fun time with the Sport... I have been using the GoPro with the Backscatter UW housing and within its limitations is pretty amazing. We just brought down two Sea-Doo RS2 sea scooters and I mounted the GoPro on one of them.... got some nice video 'scooting' around.

Deac...IMO, it's amazing what a difference light(s) make-------UW........That's 1 of the resons I shoot UW, ie they(the pics) look A LOT better than my naked eyes....

Damn, that photo is better than any of the times I've been in this exact same spot looking up at that anchor. Fisheye lens? Color is perfect.

Not quite a fisheye, but a Canon 7D with a 10-22m WA with a +2 diopter on it behind an 8" dome port. Lighting from dual Ikelite DS-161's.

I'm still working on getting the 'perfect' Anchor shot...Donna McLaughlin had a real beauty in the Divi lobby many moons ago that was still IMO the benchmark. I think I'm liking this composition more so than the traditional - - it offers a better bluewater background. This one is taken in the swim-through, but coming back to the Anchor from the wall, whereas the more common/traditional shot is the shot of the anchor after first entering the swim-through on the inside before swimming through and out to the wall.

Of course, what's also interesting about the Anchor dive site is how many divers traverse the swim-through, duck under the anchor to avoid hitting their head, and then when they get back onboard tell the DM "...I didn't see no anchor down there..." :)

I also have a video of this same angle, as well as a still photo with the more common "from inside" approach that I'll call my shot for today (and endorse videos in addition to stills) on a Brac sights video (link here) that I'll call my 'Pic' for today.

-hh

My dive buddy, on part of a dive---CB 2011..

7888008472_b8fe7968d7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
7888013628_3952ea68d6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom