Cayman Aggressor V becomes the BVI Aggressor, IV returns to Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That stinks- hopefully they did something to make it right.

I would be curious to see a full review if you have the time and patience- thanks for responding here!

Having lost a specialty photography trip postponed for two years that was to take place in August on the IV, I'm also very curious to hear your details on your trip. My husband received an email today happily claiming the "Aggressor IV is back." Doesn't sound like it's back all the way...

1677275942977.png

Adventure logs are now available for Feb 4 and Feb 11. They have not made the crossing yet. No mention of any problems.

I hope we get some diver reviews. @electric_diver ?

View attachment 771449
Adventure logs are now available for Feb 4 and Feb 11. They have not made the crossing yet. No mention of any problems.

I hope we get some diver reviews. @electric_diver ?

The adventure log for my week is nothing like what I experienced. Marketing Hyperbole.

My review is up.

Really crappy. What did they offer you? Did you get to LC. Perhaps a review? Still no Adventure Logs
I stayed on LC 2/12 thru 2/18. With the exception of Mon 2/13 when we dove the south side off Pirates Point (winds from the north so too rough for Bloody Bay Wall), we dove BBW every day from 2/12 to 2/17 in the morning and on three days in the afternoon. There were two (IIRC) trips when BBW or south side was a game-time decision but each time BBW conditions were good enough or fine and that's where we dove. I should add that the trip out to BBW was ok (basically following seas on the south side leg), but most days the easterly south side leg of the return was quite rough. People diving the previous week said the wind and sea conditions were worse.

Obviously a crossing involves more than the destination conditions, but the supply barge made it over to LC; I saw the it that week...Wednesday IIRC. I can't say with authority nor will even guess (even though this Scubaboard!) which vessel (Aggressor or barge)... passengers too...is more seaworthy for the crossing.

If the crossing conditions were tolerable during the initial tours, perhaps the Aggressor was/is shaking things out at GC (feels like a prudent startup approach).

Barge vs Aggressor - I think the seaworthiness of the passengers is more of an issue on the Aggressor than the barge.

The Cayman Aggressor IV of course is not a new boat to Cayman - it spent many years doing that crossing, The V was there for awhile, then the IV came back (Dunno about the captain/crew.)

Just started packing..will try to provide some details when I get back although I am not one to write lengthy trip reports.

Back
Top Bottom