Caye Caulker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all.
I was wondering if anyone has visited here. Considering a week trip next March. Any help on getting there from BZE, lodging and dive ops would be great. We have never been to Belize.
thanks all and happy diving

Loved it when I was there last march. Dove with and got my OW cert with belize dive services and would recommend them

Where did you stay?

I have friends who did a week there and loved it. Based on there rave reviews, we did a one day cruise ship stop at Caye Caulker (instead of cave tubing) and also loved it, we would have loved to have stayed a week. We were snorkelers at the time and the coral is still is the best I have seen snorkeling and rivals a lot of dive sites. We had lunch on Caye Caulker and walked around, it seems like paradise. Sorry I don't have more hotel/dive info, but the place itself (above and below the surface) is pretty magical.

I love your signature line!

I stayed at the miramar hotel. It was a cheap hotel nothing special but I am also not too picky about where I stay since I don't spend much time there. What was nice about it though was it was right up the street from the BDS so did not have to go far on the early morn departures as I am not a morning person at all

I worked in Belize on an eco-cruise ship as a marine biologist for 6 weeks and then stayed for another week on Caye Caulker. Dove with Belize Diving Services and stayed at a small hotel that was a mere $10 night (communal bath) but I can't remember the name. I liked the fact the island was low key compared to Ambergris.

Fly right from BZE. Stay at the Lazy Iguana B&B and eat a fantastic home made breakfast every morning.

Chip and Dani at Belize Diving Services on the northwest side of the island are absolutely top notch (and they have a giant, new Newton to shuttle you around in).

Thanks everyone. We were looking for the best Belize diving at a reasonable cost. San Pedro sounds nice, but maybe a little too "common" as we like to get off the beaten path a little. I think we have found the spot. Anyone else like to chime in? Also, is mid-March a good time for Whale sharks? Not our main reason for going, but if there are some around, we would sure like to see some.

You can fly from BZE or take a cab downtown at take the water taxi/ferry. Here's a link for you: Getting Here - Go Caye Caulker

I've visited Caye Caulker as a day trip from Ambergris Caye but have not stayed on the island. It is a beautiful island and very laid back. If you're up to it, I suggest you consider spending a day on the mainland and seeing some Mayan ruins. Lamanai is well worth it. Or, you could spend an afternoon on Ambergris Caye. It's just a short boat ride.

Have a great time!

Back
Top Bottom