Caye Caulker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shaggie

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

I've been toying with going to Belize in the not to distant future. I've been to Ambergris Caye, about 10 yrs ago and am thinking of checking out Caye Caulker this time. Has any body been there. Any sugestions on dive ops and inexpensive lodgings would be appreciated.

I spent a week on Caye Caulker two years ago. Althought the winds were strong and prevented us from going outside the reef, I enjoyed diving with Belize Diving Service. I wish I could remember the place I stayed. I had a very reasonable room (about $12 US) with a shared bath and it was run by some very nice folks. I just checked my diary,. It was Romie & Jim's Guesthouse on the main drag on the way to the sand spit north of town.

Check out www.belizeforum.com - there's a scuba section and the accommodation and Toucan Trail (budget to mid-priced) sections are great resources for lodging.

Thanks Dr. Bill. I've seen a couple of guest houses and a hostel that seem to be good enough for my needs. If decide to go, I'll look them up.

Hey I dove w/Dr Bill on Caye Caulker actually!!! What's up dude! Probably don't remember me, but I'm sure I accidentally swam in front of your video camera a couple times! Taking my wife back this summer and diving w/Belize Diving Services. Later!

BUGG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom