Caving....sweet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

teknitroxdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Yesterday I went on my first longish caving trip. The only caving I'd done before is the 'grab a light and walk 100 feet in' type. This was a 1.2 mile trip deep into a cave. And let me say: Awesome! I am totally ready to take up cave diving now. That stuff is 100% cool. And, aside from being kinda sore and some bruised ribs (stepped on some peanut butter mud someone had cleaned off their shoes and ended up on top of a rock), I actually made it out alive. :wink:

Anyone else dry cave? Off to find another cave....

I dry caved about 15 years ago quite a bit. I've done a little recently looking for some sumps, but I prefer cave diving. It's so much easier getting up and down the rocks and through small restrictions in water! The bumps and bruises don't exist in cave diving. :D

Dive-aholic:
I dry caved about 15 years ago quite a bit. I've done a little recently looking for some sumps, but I prefer cave diving. It's so much easier getting up and down the rocks and through small restrictions in water! The bumps and bruises don't exist in cave diving. :D
I was actually thinking about that about the time we were climbing over breakdown and inching along 100'-drop ledges.....

I took up dry caving at age 14. Pretty neat stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom