Caverns Measureless to Man

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wilderydude83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just finished Caverns Measureless to Man by Sheck Exley, one of cave divings pioneers. If you're interested in dive books then get this one. Its a must read.

that is all.

Randall

I have never read the book, but I always thought it was the perfect title for a cave diver's book (taken from Coleridge's Kubla Khan).

Bill Stone must have been irritated that Exley grabbed the title first...

I use the pretense of the cave's enmity to ensure my survival, and the pretense of its friendship to reduce my anxiety.

Sheck Exley, Caverns Measureless to Man

One of my favorite quotes . . .

A fascinating read the least to say. It’s a collection of Sheck Exley’s diving stories, but leaves out all the personal stuff in the book.

If you think you done some dumb stuff, seen and done it all – read this and realize you’ve seen and done nothing like this Sheck and his friends.
Readers will laugh and feel horror while reading it.
Impressive, thrilling and joyful.

Another 5 out of 5 on my scale – but not the book to give to relatives in your into cave diving.

Safe Diving!
Vrakis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom