Cavern/Cave Dives, July 31

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
ok... so far Smokeaire, Scubafool, and myself are planning
to make it, though Madeline might make it too.

we will be diving Peacock (need to be cavern or above).

i guess we will meet at the shop outside Peacock, around...
say... 8:30 am? I need to rent a steel 95.

H2Andy:
ok... so far Smokeaire, Scubafool, and myself are planning
to make it, though Madeline might make it too.

we will be diving Peacock (need to be cavern or above).

i guess we will meet at the shop outside Peacock, around...
say... 8:30 am? I need to rent a steel 95.
You guys have all the fun, really will hope to be there soon.

Are you sure you will be able to actually be there at 8.30??

You really need to BUY a steel 95 sometime soon - junk that two wheeled monstrosity sharpish! :wink:

Have fun, not sure what else might be going on for those who arent in the elite club, have to check around.

simon, you NEED to get your cavern. a dive isn't the same without you around

Can i bring my gum??? Yes i have just been waiting on Rick to get around to being free, otherwise i could have joined the fool or anyone else doing the course with any other cavern instructors out there and got it over with!

simbrooks:
You really need to BUY a steel 95 sometime soon - junk that two wheeled monstrosity sharpish! :wink:

yup... my next purchase is going to have to be
two steel 95's with H-valves.

*groan of wallet under strain*

H2Andy:
yup... my next purchase is going to have to be
two steel 95's with H-valves.

*groan of wallet under strain*
Ok, again continuing the tangent hijack of this thread, without any actual takers for the cavern dives so far :wink:

Why 95's, there are a few options out there, arent they a little short, even for you a guy who isnt breaking the 6ft range?

Yeh my wallet feels the strain almost weekly, its going to keep doing that for a while i feel. People again seem shocked to spend $650 on a light - what do they know :wink:

My next purchases are steel tanks of some size and bands, manifolds and doubles wing to keep it all together (staying on the AL80's for a while doubled while still wet), then i should be set for a while!

actually, ultimately i probably will buy 108's... (probably a doubles set) and dive that

which is why buying the 95's keeps getting postponed, because i will probably not
use them enough once i swtich to doubles...

So why not buy the 108's now, and double them later? What are you going to use for single tanks out in the ocean? I am hoping to double my AL80's (how is that going to throw my trim out? :wink: ) and dive those for a while during intro, Rick said he could sign me out with a provisional doubles authorization during intro and beyond, which would make it easier than buying all those H-valve parts. However i really am looking at getting some steels, but probably need a drysuit for that - even more expense, coming one day, just not in that position yet. Plenty more training required before that too.

So anyone else want to go on this trip i cant get in on??

well, 108's tend to be positive when empty, whilst 95's tend to be negative, and i would like to continue diving without weights while diving singles

i could be wrong, but i've been looking at the Faber tanks, and this is the case.
their 95's are negative when empty, but not their 108's

i could always, of course, double my 95's later on, but that would mean less air...

how much less exactly i haven't really thought about (well... 26 cubic feet less with
doubles, i guess)

why am i getting a headache?

H2Andy:
actually, ultimately i probably will buy 108's... (probably a doubles set) and dive that

which is why buying the 95's keeps getting postponed, because i will probably not
use them enough once i swtich to doubles...

You might find the 108 big as doubles.
I had 98 and they were to big for me. Killed my back.
A typical setup weighs around 100 lbs then add the PB reals and lights by the time I got done total gear weight was more the 150 lbs. and that was dry. Just a heads up Andy. LP 108 will be worse.
Not to mention the length. I went with LP 80 and pump them up to 300 PSI which gives me 200 Cu. FT with alot less weight.
Fred

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom