Cavediver.net

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just switched Chrome to incognito mode and it worked

I just switched Chrome to incognito mode and it worked
Yep, me too. On both devices.
I don't know what that implies as to what is causing the problem.

Seriously? Changing from my locally best ISP to some other ISP so as to see one website? I don't think so.
And nowhere have I seen this as a possible solution...it sounds like wild speculation.

I have been a web developer since 1998. I have seen pages in their half rendered state such as the screenshot that was posted more often on worse connections. Increased connection speeds tends to reduce the frequency with which this happens.

I have been a web developer since 1998. I have seen pages in their half rendered state such as the screenshot that was posted more often on worse connections. Increased connection speeds tends to reduce the frequency with which this happens.
Since it happens on my desktop ISP and also on my phone using cell data, and I routinely run speed checks on both and get 20-30MB/s or more on download and a third of that on upload, with both devices, I doubt connection speed is the problem. Especially since Firefox does not have the problem. Especially since it seems to work in incognito mode.

I've had a lot of problems viewing the site for a few years now. Sometimes it won't load at all, other times it continually stalls out while I'm there. I go there less frequently because it is such a hassle. I'm mostly on my phone, sometimes on tablet, makes no difference.

Since cavediver.net is the only site on which I have this problem, or at least cannot solve it with CNTRL-f5, I have to assume the problem is something with the site. It appears to be doing something when I try and connect that causes the error. What could that be? I have turned off all extensions.

Firstly, the link you posted is to the non-encrypted (HTTP) site, which works perfectly for me (and allows personal stuff like passwords to be sent over the clear :no: ). Webmaster should disable that.. Secondly, when I go through HTTPS, I get a result similar to the half-rendered stuff other people are posting. Looking into it further, it looks like the CSS and other resources are trying to be sent over the clear, but are being blocked by the browser to protect privacy. The browser is right, 99.99% of stuff shouldn't be sent without encryption. That webmaster needs to fix something.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom