cave trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

karstdvr:
Good points,and I agree the internet can be an asset. Unfortunately I think one avails itself more than another now a days,and less of a balance as we'd like to see.

The one beneficial thing about having a mentor that has a lot of experience is that you are given feedback one place the internet is not capable of going,in the cave itself. Mentorship can be done directly ie light signal because trim is causing silting or vicarious means ie I see the mentor go to a modified flutter when I enter a fissure type tunnel,then I do it to.

It would be hypocritical for me to call the internet bad as far as a source of advice,because I use it myself,but I think Jim Wyatt's analogy is good,and shows we should apply "caveat emptor" to the things we read.

Happy 4th of July, Kelly!!

It'll be interesting to see what kind of reaction I hear from people about "A Local Viewpoint" in the upcoming NACD Journal, as it's basically about the internet and cave diving!

I'm pretty new to "Scubaboard" but I must say I think that internet advice is far better given at the recreational level than at the technical level of diving where the newbie technical diver seems to have an opinion about everything!

...only an hour and a quarter 'til I get to go cave diving....:D

Safe diving,

Rich

Rich Courtney:
Happy 4th of July, Kelly!!

It'll be interesting to see what kind of reaction I hear from people about "A Local Viewpoint" in the upcoming NACD Journal, as it's basically about the internet and cave diving!

I'm pretty new to "Scubaboard" but I must say I think that internet advice is far better given at the recreational level than at the technical level of diving where the newbie technical diver seems to have an opinion about everything!

...only an hour and a quarter 'til I get to go cave diving....:D

Safe diving,

Rich

Hey thanks Rich,you have a good 4th. I will look forward to your article (maybe I can talk you out of an advance peak since bulk mail means I will get it by X-mas-LOL). You need to come and join us next weekend,got some survey work in s*****y viz cave that will promise 3 hour long dives,that will keep you cool during these hot days.
Hope the little one is doing well!!!! PS I feel sorry for your little one when he starts school,instead of learning A-B-C-D-E-F... he will learn V-P-M-R-G-B-M
Kelly

ah yes, opinion on every thing. i think i did untill i had my intro class and happily had myself humbled, although i always invite critisism about my diving, and refuse to give it unless it's asked for.
in regards to original post im intro and would love to dive with you, provided we toot around in OW first. PM me:monkeydan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom