Cave Diver wanna be...need some help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now that sounds like a real reason to try it Mike thanks! When you put it that way, i can see why one would give it a go

JimC, when did you do your cave training? If you dont mind, who was your instructor? Sounds like he beat the same stuff into your head that my instructor beat into me. We are definitly a disciplined group as far as scuba divers go. Dive safe, Everdeeper.

Johnny Richards in 2003 for Cavern and Intro and Ralph DiPanfilo in 2005 for Full.

I know both of them, how was Ralph for the full cave? I am thinking of taking Johnny's Extended Range Course when I get more money. I had Reggie Ross for Cavern and Intro and Michael O'leary for my full cave. Michael is the president of NACD this year. I thought that was kinda cool. When you heading south? Travis

23 days!

Ralph is an excelent instructor. I'd do it again with him in a heart beat.

so i'm signed up and paid for the cavern/intro course now!!!! i go in a month :) I certainly will let you all know how it goes! am i alone here with everyone else in my normal life asking me "WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO DIVE IN A CAVE?" geez some people just don't know what they are missing. Maybe we are all just a unique breed of people??? all i know is that i was meant for cave diving! at least this is the one place i can go and people understand. thanks everyone for the advice

Who is your instructor?

roakey:
"Advanced nomount" means they're tight, convoluted and very, very silty.

I actually consider all no mount as being advanced. I've done some no mounts in very high screaming flow,but the scariest ones are in a syphon,where everything you kick up is coming with you.

I was considering beging my trainging at ginnie springs.
any input about experiece with ginnie sprngs would be appreciated

thanks

I did my caven/intro through Ginnie. It was a great experience and you will enjoy your time there. My instructor was Reggie Ross and I would recommend him for your cavern/intro class. Make sure you have talked to some cave divers before you go so you know what to expect and what gear you need. Also, take about a grand with you for all the gear you need and dont have. Good Luck. Any more questions, just ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom