Cave country - full rental

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, as per my earlier "won't be over until the world is vaccinated" doesn't seem to be the case, as I may be travelling beginning of December.

I'm still very much a newbie cave diver, and as much I'd prefer to get "real experience" without guide/instructor, I guess guide or instructor is the way forward for a (long)weekend the first time I dive caves with flow - so any recommendations?
I'll likely have to confirm a booking on short notice

So, as per my earlier "won't be over until the world is vaccinated" doesn't seem to be the case, as I may be travelling beginning of December.

I'm still very much a newbie cave diver, and as much I'd prefer to get "real experience" without guide/instructor, I guess guide or instructor is the way forward for a (long)weekend the first time I dive caves with flow - so any recommendations?
I'll likely have to confirm a booking on short notice
Dive outpost and amigos is where ive rented. Ted McCoy is a great instructor who guides in the area

Cave Country Dive Shop, if Jon isn't available will be able to refer you to other guides/instructors.

Depending on the dates you may be able to get a dive or two in with locals.

So we're in high season and many of the local instructors and guides are booking up now. I think most of us are booked up 2-3 months out. Having said that, here's some people that may be able to help with guiding in our area:

Ted McCoy's been mentioned
Chris Brock - Cave and Tech Diver Training - Chris Brock Diving
Meredith Tanguay - Wet Rocks Diving ...more Diving! Home of GUE Instructor, Meredith Tanguay and Team
Rob McGann - Dive With Rob (aka Florida Cave Diving) - Florida Cave Diving with Rob McGann
Chris Hartmann - North Florida Scuba

Everything is clear, everything is open, it's the time of the year to come to North Florida.

I have a week-10 days open at the beginning of December.

In January I have a lot of space.

I have a week-10 days open at the beginning of December.

In January I have a lot of space.
Hey don't be renting my house out in January, I think I am coming down. I will get you some dates.

Hey don't be renting my house out in January, I think I am coming down. I will get you some dates.
Roger that!

Hi all.

Updating here as I'll finally travel towards FL Friday.

I expect to be back ashore and able to finally try some DL cave diving 22-24th April.

I'm reading that water levels are very high now, should I expect them to revert to normal levels enabling diving by then? :)

Then, this will be my first cave dives with any significant flow -would an instructor be able to help me become a usable buddy (in a high flow cave) in a day? A weekend?

Then, this will be my first cave dives with any significant flow -would an instructor be able to help me become a usable buddy (in a high flow cave) in a day? A weekend?

Intro to flow! 😁 I can recommend Scott Davenport of Earth Immersion. I did three days of “intro to flow” with him in December and he was excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom