Question Cave Country condition check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your backup plan can be hanging out w/my CCR cave class and helping to torment my students.

Need someone to silt the place up for you? If so I am free. 🤣

I'm supposed to be heading down next weekend for some dives with a friend. Am I better off heading over to Mariana at this point, or are there similar problems over there right now?

Still holding out hope for next weekend.

Your backup plan can be hanging out w/my CCR cave class and helping to torment my students.
We'll be diving Sat, Sun, Monday, but have no real plans on what we're going to do. If you need extra eyes for your class we'd be happy to hide in the background.

Its OK. The river is dropping now.
The problem is more rain is coming and the water from Georgia hasn't necessarily made it's way down yet. It's very good it's dropping, Means Ginnie should hold, but we're not out of danger 100%

Its OK. The river is dropping now.
My wife corrected me in my above statement. South Ga doesn't effect the santa fe. It's big impact is on the suwanee.
That being said, she's saying there's a still real likelihood of Ginnie going under since things are going to start rising again with the new rain and the fact that Girchrist Blue is blown.
She knows better than me since her job is the springs. Hopefully she's wrong

I'm supposed to be heading down next weekend for some dives with a friend. Am I better off heading over to Mariana at this point, or are there similar problems over there right now?
The Mill Pond caves can be affected by local runoff that can make JB milky but they are not affected by river rise like the ones in Cave Country. If you head down next weekend you'll essentially be restricted to Ginnie which I heard was a zoo this morning

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom