Question Cave Country condition check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FWIW, updated conditions report.

Peacock is going under. Tannic water is backflowing into the Olson through the well, visibility may have been a solid 5' by the end of our dive yesterday afternoon (4pm).

I've heard that Little River went under yesterday as well.

Ginnie was green and murky on Friday up the Hill 400' line. Clear enough to dive, but not particularly pretty.

FWIW, updated conditions report.

Peacock is going under. Tannic water is backflowing into the Olson through the well, visibility may have been a solid 5' by the end of our dive yesterday afternoon (4pm).

I've heard that Little River went under yesterday as well.

Ginnie was green and murky on Friday up the Hill 400' line. Clear enough to dive, but not particularly pretty.

LR was tannic down to the gold line with the river up a step and a half from Saturday morning, opted not to dive in there since cold river water and 0 viz didn't sound fun for deco.
Peacock was really nice yesterday after the Nicholson jump, went up past Challenge and was really pretty back there but was rather chilly. I'm usually good for a 2.5hr swim in my 3mm but I was a bit chilly coming through that cold river water for the last 20 mins.
Cow was up really high, didn't get in but not sure it will last much longer.

Glad I got a great day in LR on Friday and in Peacock Sat and Sun. Ended up coming down to Lauderdale a day early to dive with @LandonL and get salty. My gear may get hives, so please say a prayer to the dive Gods and send whatever the diving equivalent of benadryl is since I'm pretty sure it's allergic to the salty stuff :-D Was hoping to do a gear rinse dive on Friday on my way back home, but I doubt anything will be worth diving.

Bummer.....

My wife said Gilchrist Blue went under and the river is rising. That equals a good chance of Ginnie blowing.

The Santa Fe is definitely rising...it has gone up almost a foot at my house in the past 24-36 hours.

santa.png

Great. I think my High Springs Airbnb booking for next weekend is non-refundable.

Great. I think my High Springs Airbnb booking for next weekend is non-refundable.
I had planned on a long weekend of diving next weekend and I have a feeling that could get canceled. My wife and I are already making backup plans

How is Ginnie looking?

I had planned on a long weekend of diving next weekend and I have a feeling that could get canceled. My wife and I are already making backup plans

Your backup plan can be hanging out w/my CCR cave class and helping to torment my students.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom