Catfish Motel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Jean, I am the other newb that was with him. Yes we had a nice dive, though I too fealt awefull when we came up and saw you there. I had no idea. We waited at the cars for while. Course now we know for next time. Glad we could meet (sorta) and hope the next time works better. Glad you understood.

And I have never seen so many buzzards in one place before.

Yes...
Next time you go , we will meet at the Ranger station.
And Yes , I was wondering about those buzzards myself. Thought you guys might have found a body down there or something !!! :confused:

Jeano Beano

divedude1962:
Ok,, so where is "Catfish Motel?"
good question..... I wonder if there is a map of all the FL spring dive sites

I didn't get a shot of the vultures, but they are something.

IMG_5722.jpg

Jeff

Yes, I'm sorry, it's Hotel, not motel. My bad. The picture above this post is just downstream of Manatee spring. Behind the picture taker (a short walk) is Catfish hotel. The spring comes up through catfish, then down through another short cave to Manatee. Catfish is covered in duckweed, but bubbles clear it away pretty quick and it's a nice dive, I like it more than Troy springs. 65 feet or so max depth. Manatee is much shallower, about 30 feet, and has a good current from the water pumping out. It's clear, no duckweed on the top, and is a good second dive of the day. No lights allowed in either if you are not cave cert. And there are vultures or something ugly, so don't leave your gear alone!!!

Here are the vultures. Never saw any sign of gators.

Picture150.jpg
Picture150.jpg

Not to be confused with "Catfish Hotel" in Spring Lake, Texas. Which is how I got into this thread...:D

I like your Catfish Hotel better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom