Catalina this Weekend 19/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Missy, you know the Hotel St. Lauren is also referred to locally as the Pepto Bismol Hotel because of its pink paint. I'm pretty sure it is nice inside although I can't remember the rooms despite being in one once (no, I hadn't been drinking). It is owned by my dentist so I helped build it in a sense.

Which boat are you taking? Looks like both Robert and I are on the 615 out of San Pedro.. I'll be staying at the Hotel St Lauren-- haven't been there before so I hope its halfway decent!

I will be on the 8:50 out of SP. then returning at 5:15 monday. maybe we can catch up for a dive huh?

Oh yeah, I will be at the Seaport Village Hotel. I am also looking for somebody to do a night dive with too, either Saturday or Sunday night.

I will have to charge my light up :wink:

One thing I've never done (but want to!) is a night dive out at the dive park, so I wouldn't mind doing that.. I know Robert is lugging his own tanks, but how do we get rental tanks at night if CDS closes at 4pm?

and El Galleon on Saturday night? Karaokeeeeeeeeeee! lol

One thing I've never done (but want to!) is a night dive out at the dive park, so I wouldn't mind doing that.. I know Robert is lugging his own tanks, but how do we get rental tanks at night if CDS closes at 4pm?

You can rent the tank from them in the morning / afternoon and just let them know you'll be keeping it overnight. From what I remember they do not charge you any more for an overnight rental.

And the dive park at night is awesome!

I'll be there on Saturday taking the 6:15 out as well....

Missy....I stayed at the HSL about 20 years ago after it "just" being painted it's very Pepto Bismol pink color. It had a B&B feel to it, but it was very nice.

I did my AOW check-out dives at the Point and one of the dives was a night dive. It was great, but the only thing that creeped me out was the way the stalks of kelp absorbed my lamps...it was a monster in the night...once I realized it was kelp though, I got over it... LOL

Sorry Cody...probably not for me. I'm renting tanks/weights from the trailer and they won't be open that late...maybe a day dive though on Saturday?!?!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom