Catalina (1/3) Dive-In & Bonfire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll be on the 8:30 boat. I don't believe the 6:30 is not possible for me. Not on a Sat. Look for the guy with the red jacket and a handcart with lots of stuff. I have a habit of over perparing.

Dave

Hey everyone,

This will be so fun tomorrow! I will be on the 6:15 boat. I am solo tomorrow because my husband will be out helping our son look for a car. I will be the middle-aged wavy blond and I do not know what I will be wearing but possibly a gray Coastkeeper sweatshirt and black dive parka.

Who needs a buddy?

Debbie

Been ON Catalina a few hundred times and make sure you guys bring your mud shoes. After a rain like we just had its gonna be a slip and slide.

We didn't get the hard rain that some of you mainlanders received. Besides, it's all hard pavement from the boat terminal to the Dive Park anyway.

Didn't dive today (had to catch up on video editing) so I don't know what conditions were like.

Dr. Bill

Sorry everyone, I was hoping to get over there and mett all of you. Unfortunately the wife has to work and my gear didn't arrive from Ky yet. I know I can rent gear over there but I prefer my using my own.

Hopefully when I get back in town the end of January I can hook up with some of you.

Good luck, and enjoy the day.

Nice pics Warren.

Well, the mother ocean wouldn't let my trusty ol' whaler to make the crossing today, had to turn back after only 12 miles. 8 foot swells at 4 seconds don't mix too well with a small boat.

Hope you all had a great day.

Kyle

Well, it certainly was an interesting day. Great to see so many "old" faces and to meet a few new ones. Of course the water was a bit rough making entries and exits a challenge, but it added to the excitement of the day. If only the vis hadn't crashed.

I think we should do it quarterly, or maybe even monthly during summer and fall. I'll even offer to host a get together at the house afterwards to bore you all with my video. No showers though- we're rationing now. I take one every other day (just don't visit on the odd days).

Dr. Bill

The dive conditions could have been better, but it was a wonderful winter day here in SoCal . Great to meet all of you. Let's do it again soon. And Dr. Bill, I think we will take you up on that offer. Let's just plan it on an even day :D

I had a great day with you all. Hope we can do it again. Next time we need to actually have a bonfire. I saw no blaze of fire in celebration of our successful dives. I just got back from a dive off Catalina near the quarry pit. Saw a Thresher. That's right a Thresher about 5 to 6 feet. Only saw it for a few seconds. My dive buddy saw it pass about three times, and by the time I noticed him signally to me the shark sign, I only got a glance. First time I've ever seen a shark. Very cool. Vis was around 30 ft. The ride out was much better than Sat. Didn't get any bug's on either dive. If anyone wants to do some hunting please drop me a line.

Dave

Back
Top Bottom