Casa Dennis - when are they open?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I just went to the website for Casa Denis and I can't find the hours they are open. There are links to "empanadas" and "tacos" that say this part of the restaurant open from 8:00 (or 8:30)am - 1 pm. But when you click on the link for the entire menu it doesn't say anything about what time they are open in the evenings. I know we won't be able to go during the day so please give me an idea when they are open at night. PS-it says mention their website and you get a free margarita. I'm thinking this trip I'll make it to Casa Denis and their counterpart Las Tortugas (or maybe Senor Bobs Patio, is that the name?). Let me know about the evening hours of these restaurants if you can help. Thanks.

gt2003:
I just went to the website for Casa Denis and I can't find the hours they are open. There are links to "empanadas" and "tacos" that say this part of the restaurant open from 8:00 (or 8:30)am - 1 pm. But when you click on the link for the entire menu it doesn't say anything about what time they are open in the evenings. I know we won't be able to go during the day so please give me an idea when they are open at night. PS-it says mention their website and you get a free margarita. I'm thinking this trip I'll make it to Casa Denis and their counterpart Las Tortugas (or maybe Senor Bobs Patio, is that the name?). Let me know about the evening hours of these restaurants if you can help. Thanks.

We usually arrive between 5:15 and 5:30pm. They have always been open at that time

Hey there gt, my wife and I are Just back from an Incredibly nice 8 days in Coz (our 1st but definitely not Last, trip) not sure of the hours for Casa Denis but they Are open in the evening. Another place to try that I've never seen reviewed here, but that we Loved (Probably our favorite), was a little place called Camilo's. :11ztongue

Here's a link to a review, which we feel is not nearly kind enough. http://www.cozumelmycozumel.com/Boa...ard.cgi?az=read_count&om=174&forum=DCForumID4

We went there on the recommendation of our dive master from Blue XTSea, Raul. The smoked marlin tacos (9 pesos each)were to die for as well as the garlic shrimp (the best we had the entire time there, and at 90 pesos the best buy, as well) and also the coldest beer we found. We tried to return our last night as we'd decided it was our favorite of the many places we sampled but they were closed at 9:30 pm when we strolled over after our last minute gift buying spree. A Mistake we regretted until we realized that we've already begun saving for our next trip.

Hope this helps, not trying to cast a bad light on Casa Denis, we also loved the Mixed ceviche and Mayan pork we had there but felt as if Camilo's is a hidden gem.

Do both places also have chicken and beef dishes available? I love the seafood but my wife is not so seafood inclined.
Also, I'm altering my choices, Casa Denis, Camilos and if I can find some people that have been there, Senor Bobs Patio.
Let me know about the chicken and beef. Thanks again!

My wife just got home from work so I asked her about your question, gt. Before I forget, the food at Camilo's is to die for, but the thing that put it over the top were the two squirt bottles of sauce they will bring to the table with the food. One contains Habanero sauce (too damn hot for these gringo lips and the other is their Chipotle sauce: Muy Bueno) :crafty: To the best of our memory, there are most Always chicken dishes in most restaurants. Either way, it's at most a 2 minute walk from Casa Denis (speaking of which, you've Got to try their Lime soup) to Camilo's so will be easy to confirm or deny.
Not sure how adventurous you are but my wife and I love the out of the way places as well as the more established ones. We were particularly fond of a place that is no more really than a small overhead garage door that opens to expose a one room kitchen / dining area. It starts with a 'U' I believe and Enrique is the guy who runs it. It's on 10 ave sur (south) across from a place called 'The Grill', the sign (a dry erase board) out front says something about Carnita's (which I love) and he's great about making things for most any taste. He opened by 7:00 am each of three mornings we told him we'd be there and once he new what we craved each morning, he made sure he had it for us. Eggs one morning, Bacon another. The food was Incredible but also very ethnic, which is what we were after, always trying to immerse ourselves as much as possible into the culture of the countries we visit. Might not be your bag, but I'll throw it out there for anyone who might be interested.
Not to turn this into a restaurant review but I'll also sing the praises of a place called 'Especias' which is also on 10th Ave sur and Calle 5 sur (10th Ave. south and 5th Street) We had the Garlic grouper and crab fingers, both decadently delicious. Another of our favorites was La Mission Tacos on 30th Ave between 2nd and 4th Street North. They have Incredible tortilla soup and Very good, cheap tacos. The tacos are 80 cents a piece and the soup was, I believe $2. Three well stuffed tacos, a bowl of soup and two Ice cold Modelo's a piece and we were Both stuffed. The only drawback there was that we attempted to compare their Garlic shrimp to that of Camilo's.... Big mistake! but that was my ONLY complaint about la mission.
The amazing thing about all these places is that they're ALL within walking distance of the main square. We stayed the first few nights at a bed and breakfast place about 5 blocks from the ocean and walked to Everything we needed, once we got ourselves oriented. If it's not too late, do yourself a favor and order the map put out by Can Do Travel Guide @ www.cancunmap.com We ordered one on the Saturday before leaving on our Friday flight and it was here by Tuesday. They don't require payment til after you've received the map, which reminds me.... *Running to put payment in the mail*
Sidenote* Make sure you pack a pair of shoes you feel comfortable walking in, or bring several packs of bandaids. *Wincing at the memory of wife's many blisters as all she packed were sandals and thongs (the 'walking in' kind, you pervs)

Hope this helps and advanced apologies if I got too long winded.

Thanks! I just ordered a map. We've only been once and ate at our all-inclusive hotel for all of our meals. I'm wanting to venture out a little more this time and the map sure looks like it will help. I appreciate the feedback on the restaurants. Keep it coming. I'd still like to find out something about Senor Bobs Patio.

gt2003:

Most of the restaurants on Cozumel are open until 10 or 11 pm. I don't know specifically about Casa Denis, but anecdotally I can tell you that I don't remember ever walking by it and seeing it closed, and I've walked by it (and sometimes stopped there) a lot.

ggunn:
I don't know specifically about Casa Denis, but anecdotally I can tell you that I don't remember ever walking by it and seeing it closed.

Last trip I seem to remember Casa Denis being closed on Sunday. I ended up eating 2 doors down at Casablanca by default, Mixed Ceviche was the best of the trip, food was good but nowhere near as good as Casa Denis.

This was lunchtime, maybe they're open later on Sundays.

You'll have no trouble finding Chicken, Beef & Pork dishes anywhere you go.

MMmmm, Mayan Pork Tacos at Casa Denis are the BEST!

.... are somewhat flexible, but typically it's open 7AM-11PM & closed Sundays.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

gt2003:
Do both places also have chicken and beef dishes available? I love the seafood but my wife is not so seafood inclined.
Also, I'm altering my choices, Casa Denis, Camilos and if I can find some people that have been there, Senor Bobs Patio.
Let me know about the chicken and beef. Thanks again!

I discovered Camilos in November and calvinnhobbs61 is right--it is a hidden gem. Camilo's was only open for lunch then, but they may have extended their hours by now. I don't remember anything but seafood on the menu, but maybe someone else will know for sure since they may have changed the menu since I went. At the very least, you can go in and take a gander at the menu to see for yourself. If anything you can grab a few tacos then walk somewhere your wife wants to eat. After all, in Coz, great food is only a short walk away! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom