Carrying a Doubles Rig

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I took a 3 foot long piece of 2" harness webbing, burned a hole about an inch from each end, put a brass grommet in each hole, took some 3/8" nylon line and tied a bowline through each grommet, tied a bowline on the end of the line.

I can slip each end loop over the valve orifice and knob and sling them on my shoulder, or even use it like a tumpline and place it across the top of the forehead.

Either way, it's a whole heckuvalot better than trying to carry them any other way other than on the back plate.

the K

The Kraken:
I took a 3 foot long piece of 2" harness webbing, burned a hole about an inch from each end, put a brass grommet in each hole, took some 3/8" nylon line and tied a bowline through each grommet, tied a bowline on the end of the line.

I can slip each end loop over the valve orifice and knob and sling them on my shoulder, or even use it like a tumpline and place it across the top of the forehead.

Either way, it's a whole heckuvalot better than trying to carry them any other way other than on the back plate.

the K
When you're carrying them this way, where do the tanks rest? Down by your butt? I'm having difficulty seeing this.

Slung on the shoulder, they rest against the thigh. If you use it like a tumpline, the play bouncy-butt with your but-tocks !!!

the K

In addition to the workbench that Rick showed below, and in addtion to the folding dolly that CheekyMonkey mentioned, I have a beach dolly formerly made by Roleez, now made by Wheeleez. It has big balloon tires and is great for going over rocks, sand, etc. You can find it on the following site: http://www.wheeleez.com/beachcarts.php

As CheekyMonkey can tell you, I'm a big fan of having someone younger and stronger carry my gear! Ask him how many times he carried my tanks up the many, many stairs at 40 Fathom Grotto!!! Thanks Josh! :D

Mike

Not on topic, really, but I deeply appreciate these threads where big, strong men talk about their workarounds for moving doubles. Makes me feel a little less wimpy.

TSandM:
Not on topic, really, but I deeply appreciate these threads where big, strong men talk about their workarounds for moving doubles. Makes me feel a little less wimpy.

I gave up on the macho thing many years ago! Now I'm just in survival mode. (I do carry my wife's gear, but she has a replaced shoulder and elbow.)

TSandM:
None have posted yet.

:wink:

My Daddy taught me to work smart, not hard.

the K-inetic Energy Saver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom