Carry On or Check Our Luggage?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was told by Carnival that as long as the carry on does not exceed 24" wide by 16" tall/deep (no limit on length) so that it fits through the scanner that I can carry it on. I have been told that people carry on things like surfboards, bikes, and skateboards! I just really want to know if there is a bunch of up and down when you are getting onto the ship like I have heard.

nereas:
There really is not room for regs to be carried on anymore, post 9/11.

Not sure why you say this. On my last trip a few weeks ago to Hawaii, I carried on the plane my regs, computer, a laptop and charger, camera and a few lenses, personal items like deodarant and shaving stuff, a couple books and magazines for the flight, iPod with Bose headset, and one change of clothing (in case the checked bags got lost). It all fit into a fairly small carry-on bag that easily stashed under the seat. As I recall from a Carnival cruise two years ago, the carry on limitations were pretty much the same as for a plane.

When I traveled last with Carnivel, Feb 2007, They told me if I could carry it onto a plane, I could carry it onto the ship.

I would carry on my computer and regs. And camera/housing too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom