Carolina coast dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SilverNU

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Gonna have a quick trip to Myrtle beach, SC in September.
I have a few choices of dives.. which I know little about.

Any suggestions which one would be my best choice?

Thanks

Bill Perry through express Watersports
The sherman through coastal scuba
barracuda alley through coastal scuba

I just dove the Sherman through Coastal Scuba earlier this month and was very pleased with the dive and Coastal Scuba as a whole. I had the opportunity to dive Barracuda Alley but because of time i had to decline the offer. The Sherman is a neat dive if you havent dove in the ocean before on a wreck, which i never did until this dive. Its a shallow dive at only about 52' with a bunch of aquatic life around it. I saw barracuda swam through schools of fish and saw what i believed was a shark, but i wasnt getting close to figure it out. I was also able to grab a couple neat seashells from the dive as well. Overall I am very satisfied with the people of Coastal Scuba and their whole operation that they have and I would recommend it to you if you are staying in Myrtle Beach. While i was down there i also ventured down to Murrels Inlet where Express Watersports is located. By just going to see their shop I was pleased with it, but if you are staying in Myrtle Beach it is a lengthy drive down there especially if you are in traffic or have an early dive that you have to be down there for.

I know these sites and I think all three have the same potential. The type people that show up to dive, the weather, the ocean surface, the turbidity of the water, surge, current, will all play a part in how you rate the dive and how much you enjoy it. Both dive shops are good outfits. I have used both many times.

Enjoy!

ps: If you are lucky you will find a Civil War artifact on the Sherman.

After a Sherman dive the DM gave me a button he found, saying it could be a Civil War artifact. Think it fell of a boat 2 weeks before.... Coastal was good. Russ even gave me some pool help with my DM skills. I was impressed talking with Express in their shop (Didn't seem any farther from downtown Myrtle than was Coastal, but that was Feb./March). I looked forward to doing the Hebe with them, but weather cancelled it. My only problem with Express was unlike Coastal, their first boat was scheduled the last week of March--the Snowbirder's lament. Coastal goes (somewhat) all winter.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom