Caribe Blu zapped!?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharky60

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A little birdie told me Caribe Blu's transformer was struck by lighting Labor Day week and the electrical wires in the hotel were fried:shocked2:

Anybody have any more info? Have they been able to get things re-wired and back up and running?

thankx

A little birdie told me Caribe Blu's transformer was struck by lighting Labor Day week and the electrical wires in the hotel were fried:shocked2:

Anybody have any more info? Have they been able to get things re-wired and back up and running?

thankx

Old news Sharky :) Yes, the hotel was struck by lightning and they were forced to evacuate the hotel for a little over a week until they could get all of the wiring redone and make sure that it was safe for guests. It's open now and happily, Caribe Blue is back in business as of yesterday :)

Maybe they'll finally fix their hot water.

I've been staying in that hotel since 1982 and the hot water has always been a bit flakey, so I wouldn't hold out much hope for that one. It must not bother me much; I keep going back. ;^)

I have stayed there also. Had hot water both trips. Must have been lucky those weeks!

They very kindly moved us, our friend, and others to their other property. First class people.

I've been staying in that hotel since 1982 and the hot water has always been a bit flakey, so I wouldn't hold out much hope for that one. It must not bother me much; I keep going back. ;^)

I'm a newbie at CB compared to my buddy Mr. Gunn, but I ditto that!

Just booked a 3 night stay there for next week..... so hopefully all will be good.

How is the diving right off the hotel? was thinkign about doing a night dive from the shore.

Also, any tips on Blue Angel Diving?

Just booked a 3 night stay there for next week..... so hopefully all will be good.

How is the diving right off the hotel? was thinkign about doing a night dive from the shore.

Also, any tips on Blue Angel Diving?

Blue Angel is who I dive with, since I always stay at Caribe Blu. They are an excellent no-frills shop - small fast boats, water (only) on board, safety conscious, dive your computer, adequate SITs. Haul your own gear to the boat, but they set it up for you. Great DM's.

The shore diving at the hotel is OK, and quite good by Coz shore diving standards - meaning Coz shore diving is not that great anywhere compared to the Coz boat dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom