Caribe Blu/Blue Angel Sept 1 - 8

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NitroxAZ

Registered
Reaction score
Headed back to Coz for a wonderful weeks worth of diving and dining. Anyone else going to be there during this time?

We will be just down the street @ Villablanca and diving with Scuba Mau. Maybe we can meet up for drinks

We will be there for the long weekend, Sat the 30th-wed.(3rd?)

at Casa Sharky, (Caribe Blu to the rest of y'all), diving with Blue Angel, of course.

Randy, hope to catch up with you and Angie, maybe luch at Papa Hogs!!

AZ see ya on the boat!!!

Hey Mark,
We are not sure yet how many days we are going to stay on Holbox. But hopefully we can catch up with you guys before you leave. We should get to COzumel by the 1st or 2nd. We will be sure to look you up when we get to the island.

We look forward to meeting you guys. Who is your DM Sharky? We like to have Jorge when possible.

We look forward to meeting you guys. Who is your DM Sharky? We like to have Jorge when possible.

We really have no preferance, I just jump on the boat they put me on. I like Matt a lot, he's from Chicago, so we are kinda homeboys. Jorge does a great job and I like diving with Jose just as much, never hurts to have a priest along!! :D

This past trip we pretty much split time evenly between the 3 three of them.

Randy if you guys make it in by the 1st we might be able to hook up. The p.m. of the 2nd we are going to go over to the Yucatan to spend the night to make it easier to get to the Cancun airport on Wed...

...really not looking forward to the "bag drag", but with airfare the way it's going, it could be the new norm

The p.m. of the 2nd we are going to go over to the Yucatan to spend the night to make it easier to get to the Cancun airport on Wed...

...really not looking forward to the "bag drag", but with airfare the way it's going, it could be the new norm

Early am flight? I do the "bag drag" just about every trip to Cozumel and it's not bad. I'd rather be sipping a cold beer or margarita, watching the blue water from the beach waiting for the ferry then stuck the airport in Houston waiting on a plane... that could be delayed... and wondering if my bags are making the same connecting flight that I am.

Don't dread it. It's really not bad at all.

We will be in the area around that time, but I dont have the final details worked out yet. We plan on staying at Carib Blue and diving with Blue Angel, but dont know what days just yet. I can fill everybody in when we get it worked out...

Look forward to meeting you guys.

Glad to hear the bag drag isn't that bad. We bought our airfare before it went up but have a friend that is booking it now for the same time we will be there and she is going through Cancun. I will let her know that it isn't that bad.

Good point scubawife. Whether you have a layover in Houston or a "layover" waiting for the ferry at least you are there and don't have to worry about your bags. We will look into doing this in the future. It sure is less expensive. How inexpensive was it before the airfare hikes?

...I'd rather be sipping a cold beer or margarita, watching the blue water from the beach waiting for the ferry then stuck the airport in Houston waiting on a plane... that could be delayed... and wondering if my bags are making the same connecting flight that I am.

Don't dread it. It's really not bad at all.

Oh, I agree 100%!! And going to Coz from Dallas, via Austin and Cancun is better than not getting to go at all, I've just been spoiled thru the years with direct flights for Dallas to Coz.

The ferry wait can only be an hour at the max., and that's if you arrive at the dock just as one is pulling out...like you said, time for a cerveza!

Once I get off the plane in Cancun and know I'm in Mexico, I'll start shifting into island time and a little delay at the ferry in PDC should be "no problem" :D

....How inexpensive was it before the airfare hikes?

I don't know if "inexpensive" is the correct word for the prices even just before the fuel debockle, but "back in the old days", they used to offer $199 airfare only round trips from DFW to Cozumel on the charters. Those days are looooooooooong gone.

The past couple years we've actually gotten slightly cheaper or nearly the same airfare on American than the charters (funjet & MLT) have offered, so we've used them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom