Caribe Blu a little slice of paradise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

river_sand_bar

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Trip Report for Cozumel, staying at Caribe Blu and diving with Blue Angel.

Arrived at airport with no hassels... easy passage through immagrations. Be aware of the peeps outside the gates, stick with the simple shuttle to hotel, only $8 p/p.

Caribe Blu... a wonderful small little hotel. Nice furnishings. Simple and perfect for a little break away from the norm. Maybe I should keep it quite and not tell everyone, cus it met what I was looking for perfectly. The accomodations are simple but the views are priceless!!! The people were exteremly nice and cant say a single bad word about them. Super accomodating to any need.

Blue Angel Dive shop... Jeanine who runs the shop was awesome!! wonderful and sweet and Mike her husband was just as great. The shop (well more of a dive op) rather than a shop does not carry any supplies for sale, so if your missing anything, its best to bring whats needed or visit a regular dive ship. They have plenty of rental gear however. The good point to the shop was the unlimited shore diving. Its not great but its a gresat spot to do a check out dive before hitting the deep stuff. Yes, it is true about the people from Playa Del Carmen coming to the shop. Everyday a boatload of people after a dive with (I think the name is Tech Under world Dive) came to the Blue Angel dive shop area and watched videos of their dives. When there were there it made it dificult to get to the rinse tanks and such. I used the outside shower once for rinsing my gear and got no hassles whats so ever. Jorge our DM for the 2 days was terrific. He spoke english very well and was truley interested in the divers. We were on a panga (fast boat) which took no more than 10 people. When they say fast, they mean it... we were at our dive sites in no time at all. The dive boat let the divers pick the dive spots, so having Mike (Jeanies husband on board) made it easy to find the great spots for diving. Just be aware that when diving from a panga (fast boat) it will be a back roll entry.

Caribe Blu Catina... Actually, dont know if thats the name of not.... but the little spot it located above the dive shop and the food there is GREAT!! had the divers special for breakfast every morning. After the boat arrived back from diving it was a cold beer and tacos... what a way to spend the day.

Met the new owners of the Caribe Blu, Eva and Robert. Was called their very first customer... even theough its not offical until Nov 1. But I will still take that honor. :D

They have lots of plans for the dive shop and cantina.... they want to expand the shop and provide shower.change rooms for divers. They also want to expand the cantina to provide a more complete menu and longer hours. Currently the cantina closes at 5:00pm, Which makes dinner a trip into town. They are also going to redo the a/c in each room and YES, the hot water heater.... as it was only a warm shower. I would also make the recommondation to provide rugs for the floors as they can become very slick...or at least put up a sign that says "slippery when wet" :rofl3:

All in all... I would go back there in a HEART BEAT!!! Excellent job by the staff of the Caribe Blu and Blue Angel diving. 2 thumbs up.

Rendez Blu is the name of the resturant. Sure hope the prices stay low at both the dive shop and the hotel. Makes a trip to Coz very affordable for us that aren't so rich!!!

Thanks for the report!
Jean

Welcome to the family :D

QUOTE=sharky60;3882969]Welcome to the family :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sharky, I think its a pretty nice family.

0025.JPG
[

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom