Caribbean Vacation Next Year With Mostly Non-Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have done Sandals in Jamaica 3 times. But have not been to SSC yet. Montego Bay twice as well as Ochi. Diving was adequate ( no I am not hardcore I find it relaxing). It's all boat dives usually 1 tank in the morning for fully certified 60-80 ft depending on the divers on the boat. Afternoon dive to 40 ft ( students and resort divers mostly) . They do a two tank trip twice a week at Ochi but not Montego. Not sure about Southcoast.
Most dives are timed at 30-35 minutes plus a SS unless you have a serious air hog on the boat.
We do it because my wife does not dive and there is lots to keep her occupied. Sandals food is second to none!

it is nice to prepare some of your own cocktails and enjoy them barefoot on the beach or balcony in front of your secluded condo.

Our nightly routine is to sit here on SMB and watch the sun set while sipping our beverage of choice. We have extra chairs :)

cayman beach chairs.jpg

We are taking a family of 7 - multigenerational - ages 24 to 84 - to Cayman Brac two weeks from now - staying at the Brac Reef Resort - Only five of us are divers - but we chose this particular place because it is on the beach - has a nice pool - good reviews of food and is FAP (all meals included but no alcohol) - I have heard nothing but good things from friends and local divers who have been there - will let you know how my mom fares in a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom