Info Care to share what you have your Shearwater displaying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a Perdix AI with 2 transmitters on my sidemount rig. & I use a NERD 2 on my Optima Chest Mounted CCR. When diving back-mount I use one transmitter on the right post.

My backup is a Petrel 1 which can be used in constant PPO2 mode for the CCR and normal mode for OC whether it be sidemount or back-mount.

When I first got a Shearwater Computer it was a Predator connected via a Fischer cable to a rEvo mCCR.

The versatility and adaptability of Shearwater computers over the years is great!!

Here's how I set up my Perdix 2 (right wrist) and Peregrine (left wrist, on a slate):
20230905_105238.jpg

20230905_110325.jpg

I really like on the Perdix 2 that I can replace the NDL (in the lower right corner) with the mini display shown once I go into deco (since I don't need that information on recreational dives within NDL). I don't make use of GF99 much but am trying to pay more attention to it. Generally I try to duplicate the info I most look for on both computers and then show some different info. I'm still tweaking things so this will probably continue to evolve (probably don't need temperature and max depth shown on both and I find that the Peregrine is much more responsive to temperature (probably less mass so it responds quicker to changes) so I'll probably free up a couple of slots on the Perdix 2 - maybe add CNS & SAC rate?).

I'm still tweaking things so this will probably continue to evolve so I'll probably free up a couple of slots on the Perdix 2 - maybe add CNS
have you checked out delta +5 (shows the change in TTS that will happen if you stay at current depth for 5 minutes)
to me, it's one of the more interesting fields

have you checked out delta +5 (shows the change in TTS that will happen if you stay at current depth for 5 minutes)
to me, it's one of the more interesting fields
I'm aware of that field (and @+5) but haven't used them yet. I'll add that to my list of fields to play with. Thanks!

When I just got the Perdix AI, I had the Rec display showing the SAC, but found myself too fixated on it during the dive and even ended up with a headache after which I figured was caused by doing some unconscious skip breathing. Pretty silly as my normal RMV is around a little above 0.3. In fact my last couple SACs wee in the 10s. I took that **** off. LOL
Can I borrow your lungs? 😂

Here's how I set up my Perdix 2 (right wrist) and Peregrine (left wrist, on a slate):
View attachment 801094

View attachment 801096

I really like on the Perdix 2 that I can replace the NDL (in the lower right corner) with the mini display shown once I go into deco (since I don't need that information on recreational dives within NDL). I don't make use of GF99 much but am trying to pay more attention to it. Generally I try to duplicate the info I most look for on both computers and then show some different info. I'm still tweaking things so this will probably continue to evolve (probably don't need temperature and max depth shown on both and I find that the Peregrine is much more responsive to temperature (probably less mass so it responds quicker to changes) so I'll probably free up a couple of slots on the Perdix 2 - maybe add CNS & SAC rate?).
Hi, does this mean that i can setup mini-displays at the peregrine. I couldn't find this option reading the the german manual! Could i configure 2 mini-displays including gf99, surfgf, tts, @+5, max-depth, temp?
Thanks for your answer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom