Care for silicon drysuit seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kfilly

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everyone,

I just had my Whites Fusion drysuit altered so I can use silicon seals (wrist and neck). Anyway, I was wondering if I have to do anything different to care for the silicon seals. My suit had the stock latex seals on before it was altered. Thanks in advance.

Keith

Hi Keith,

I just installed the silicone seals on my suit as well so don't have so much experience.

One thing I noticed is that we need to wash the seals at the base of the ring system. There's a small nook there that looks like it could collect dirt and start wearing through the seal if not cleaned regularly.

-aleksi

Kfilly,

Where did you get them put in? I am interested in having them put in my mobby's! Thanks.

I got mine installed by Dive Right In Scuba. They did a good job on mine and were pretty quick at getting it turned around and out the door.

I apologize for the delayed response. I also got my drysuit altered by Dive Right In Scuba. They did an awesome job, and my suit was done very quickly! I can't say enough positive things about dealing with them!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom