Carbon Monoxide in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as trusting people who run dive ops--I trust them. But the process of filling tanks has many variables and that's what I don't leave to chance - so I still test every tank.

I totally trust my dive op. But they don't fill the tank. And they don't test them themselves either. So what is there to trust there?

So far, I've taken my chances with the tanks; but I don't love that idea if there is an affordable alternative. I didn't know about renting- but of course, you then have to trust their calibration...

And airlines watch what flights you are looking at so they can jack up the price just for you, right? :D
You don't see much on internet news about that anymore. It was a known problem, but maybe they got busted? :idk: There, you have Matrix to check fares tho. I've seen it happen, but now I just check Matrix first and know what to buy.

I totally trust my dive op. But they don't fill the tank. And they don't test them themselves either. So what is there to trust there?

So far, I've taken my chances with the tanks; but I don't love that idea if there is an affordable alternative. I didn't know about renting- but of course, you then have to trust their calibration...
Worse, tanks get loaned between Ops. If I saw the tank filled while the inline monitor was working, then marked that tank and took it with me - I'd feel better, but then how do I know they calibrated the monitor correctly & recently? :shakehead:

Analox units like are rented are field calibrated by the dial so you don't have to. I just got mine back from them after sensor replacement tho. My Sensorcon is about a year old but I use it for general monitoring, back up for tank testing - I'd need a bag for it, but after 2 years I'll send it in or just replace it. It's cheap. :eyebrow:

But hikers and country travelers go without PLBs all the time, even tho you can get one for $1/week over the life of one, small enough to fit in a shirt pocket - or rent. Those bodies are found every week and do make the news. :eek: Mine stays in my console and gets out with me for any outing. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom