Caracas to Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craigz

Registered
Reaction score
Very simple question here. How do I get from Caracas to Bonaire?

My research so far indicates Bonaire Excel is planning to start direct air service, but so far doesn't look like it's happened. I also saw that there are flights to Curacao, but they recently cancelled the ferry to Bonaire. Can't find any other airline that flies direct to Bonaire from Caracas.

I think there may be a way to fly via Aruba but not sure.

Anyone have any suggestions????

Thanks,
Craig

craigz:
Very simple question here. How do I get from Caracas to Bonaire?

My research so far indicates Bonaire Excel is planning to start direct air service, but so far doesn't look like it's happened. I also saw that there are flights to Curacao, but they recently cancelled the ferry to Bonaire. Can't find any other airline that flies direct to Bonaire from Caracas.

I think there may be a way to fly via Aruba but not sure.

Anyone have any suggestions????

Thanks,
Craig

Craig,

Used to live in Caracas. It's been some time. was lasrt there in 2000. However, I don't think things have changed too much in the last few years. I used to dive all three islands quite frequently. ALM was (is) the Antillian airline taht services the Netherlands Antilles. It used to hop regularly between Maiquetia (Caracas) and the islands. Normally the flight will go to Aruba or curacao, the Bonaire and back to one or the other of the bigger islands. Another alternative isto catch a Venezuelan hop over and connect with a smaller ALM plane. A group from my dive club went two months ago. It turned out to be a long haul each way. Me, I would find the cheapest fare to Maiquetia and then find a Venezuelan flight or ALM to get to Bonaire.

Other option: Email the travel section of the US Embassy at caracas and ask them for the help you need. It is staffed, for the most part, by Venezuelans. Call the local Venezuelan Consular office nearest you and ask them for the help and current options you are seeking.

The Caracas airport is NOT in Caracas. It is on the coast and it is an expensive ride up the hill by taxi just to spend the night. On the other hand, if you are going to spend some time in caracas, it won't matter. Have a great time. Bonaire shore diving is excellent, but beware of leaving articles in a locked car on the side of the road....that's another post.

regards,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom