Car hit...note left

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am sure those moments in the condo common halls are really going to be special now ... lol

I also live in a condo - 3rd floor, Woke up one morning to an empty 35 gal fish tank, dead fish and knocking on the front door.

I know how U feel.

ohhh dvr4lyf, that is sad....was there at least a sushi party?

update....still waiting on claim number to take it to a shop. Hope the car hangs in there...was not running the best...its really pulling to the right.

This guy seems pretty responsible and is surely earning good karma for now and the hereafter. When I drove a cab in NYC to get through college on the Delayed Graduation Plan, I must have had maybe 90 accidents in my career before I finally graduated. Some of them were not even my fault, but I made so much money driving like an insane maniac that it was worth whatever I had to pay to fix whatever I broke. The only times I dealt with the insurance company was when some other cretard slammed into me, and I had more than a few cabs shot out from under me.
I always had $2,500 to $3,000 on me, along with various assorted armaments, for when I had to settle my way out on the spot for my miscues. My friend drove around with a lot of cash also, but that was to purchase the favors of various women whom he came across during his shift. This is as irrelevant as the rest of the drivel I'm contributing, but salaciousness does have some entertaining value.
Then they came out with the 24-hour ATM machine. Wow, was that cool or what? I didn't have to use them that much because most of the times when I uh...collided with other vehicles - always parked and empty, I kinda didn't bother anyone with paperwork or the insurance companies with complicated details about why I was running whole avenues of red lights.
I sure hope that you did not call your insurance company. They have enough to worry about these days. You're doing them a kindness by not bothering them. The guy's insurance company will do right by you since they would have already screwed you over if they were out to gyp you. I had to buy my way out of scrapes maybe 10 times - giving aggrieved total strangers in the wee hours of the morning sometimes thousands of dollars of cash and trusting them to do right by me.
And I was NEVER burned!
Good luck with all of this and with Illinois and that nasty weather. Good luck with the repairs. When I knocked a fender or a bumper out of place, I had certain buikdings with partuclar loading bays in Manhattan that I could use to smash the injured metal back into operational shape. You may not want to go that route since it's more of a battlefield repair and not all that cosmetically esthetic.

If he's cute enough, you may want to move so you can date him. :p

Thanks Tom....man, we need to talk..you sound like you have some interesting stories to tell. BTW, i am hoping this is my last winter in Chicago...planning on moving to Ft Laud in 2008

I have the claim number, and just need to get it into the shop. They are open mon-fri 8-5, so i have to figure out how to work that out and not miss work.

dvr4lyf... I know! a bunch of lights came on also...my slip light for when the brakes pump when you are sliding...another one i am not even sure what that is for... I have a pic, will try to upload it today, plus, i can take a pic of the chicken order. It was 8 peices of spicy!!!

pennypue...lol he is actually good looking and built, has been very kind to me. However, he is not diving with a full tank....looks pretty and is nice, but not much more to offer than that :)
I am planning to move though!

Back
Top Bottom