Captain SL8R Dive Charter, Jupiter Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I did not dive with Captain Slater in over a year, maybe 2 since he ran the Blue Tang out of Jupiter. Today I went on a 2 tank trip for "Lazy Sunday" which ended with a stroll up the inter coastal while the grill was fired up and feeding us. What a way to finish a great day of diving.

I am beyond impressed with this operation and in my personal opinion, the customer service is unmatched. Only 1 other operator has impressed me this much. Let me explain why I am so thrilled with this operation:

1) Customer service. The crew was outstanding and was there to assist with everything that you needed.
2) The boat. Completely refurbished with lots of room and amenities. Clean, very clean, well organized and a bucket for cameras, a table for cameras, a bucket for masks, etc.
3) Snacks and food between dives, real food at the end of the dives on Lazy Sunday. Lots of soda, water and other beverages on ice. More than what we needed unlike other boats that runs out.
4) Professional operation with excellent communication skills, roll calls (don't see that much anymore), pre dive briefs
5) Hot water and shampoo/soap
6) A head (bathroom) that is stand up and there is no BS talk like (only use it in an emergency) that I hear on other boats.
7) Lucky 7. It is a non-smoking boat.
8) Ease of booking. Call the shop at Scuba Works or book online.
9) Great price and specials for repeat customers. They also work very well with instructors.
10) The atmosphere. The Captain and crew create a very good, positive, professional atmosphere that is FUN.

Other boats should take note of how a boat operation should be run.

Did I mention the diving was great too?

Good to hear Jeff. Thanks for the report boat report, now how bout a dive report PLEEZE??:D

We are diving with them this wednesday.:cool2:

Water temp 73-75

Vis will vary day to day but today was good on the first and reduced for the 2nd, BUT, I'm no longer in the north in a cold dark lake the the diving report is that no one down here should ever complain about the diving.

We saw:

2 turtles mating at the surface
1 large leatherback
multiple nurse sharks, 2 of which were HUGE
A few reef sharks in the 3-4' range
I only dispactched 4 lionfish so that is good news. I can usually hit 7-10 in a 2 tanker
lots of typical reef stuff

We had 60-70 ft vis in West palm today, mild north current. Kinda bumpy on the surface.. Saw more sharks than I would have liked.

We had 60-70 ft vis in West palm today, mild north current. Kinda bumpy on the surface.. Saw more sharks than I would have liked.

The report was of a healthy north current but it was not much of a drift dive. We actually had to work a little to go north. I would say mild at best where we were. Bonnies and Tunnels

Sounds like you had a great time! I try to go diving with Capt Sl8r every weekend, and they never disappoint. I went on Saturday, viz was better on the first dive, saw a few sharks, lots of turtles, and lots of goliaths at spadefish point and scarface. Should have a video up soon!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom