Captain Lost Our Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I once saw a kid carving his initials into a sponge U/W.

We have people carving into aspens up here in the mountains, I Love Lucy!

Just what you want to see in the wilderness.

Oh - that makes my skin crawl - it makes you realize how many people are so poorly educated or appreciative of the beauty that they go to enjoy!

When we dive Coz I carry a (small) SMB on a reel to be deployed at depth if away from the DM, a whistle, and one of these. I was told by Christi's old Capt. Mago that this was very visible at the surface, and will not bend in the wind. Trident Foldable Surface Dive Flag at Divers Direct

As for deploying SMBs, I've seen people do it incorrectly and have their primary ripped out of their mout as they rocket to the surface. Learn how to do it properly before you need it.

BTW, have numerous dives with Christi and never had any issues with her boat captains.

I cannot say this with 100% certainty, but I believe the no knife rule is designed to protect the reef from people who use knives as tools to pry loose souvenirs. I have always assumed that shears and Z-knives would not be considered knives because they cannot be used as a tool for that purpose.

That's kind of why I was left wondering at the don't deploy because you might get entangled with no way to cut free.

Wow..Id love to get into the can of worms over the gun carry..but I just cant seem to get the image of Don laying on his back in his yard, his bcd on, doing a dry run of deploying his SMB....the SMB hanging in the tree above him. HAHAHAHAhahaha....
Sorry Don, it just popped into my head and I cant get it out.
That along with Mike's statement about being with Rosie ODonell....however, that one may wake me up tonite screaming.

Dad gum it I love Scubaboard!

I have 17 e-mail exchanges between the two of us -

all of this over 1 two tank dive:shakehead::shakehead:

---------- Post Merged at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:10 AM ----------

Wow. Well if I do end up back in Cozumel, I know what place I will be using.

sounds like a fool proof plan to me :shakehead: :shakehead:

Oh - that makes my skin crawl - it makes you realize how many people are so poorly educated or appreciative of the beauty that they go to enjoy!
It's like Mt. Rushmore. Why carve 4 faces of ugly old men into a mountain? It's a good thing that Aldora doesn't let El Presidente carve his face into Palancar (not meaning to say his visage would be ugly like Washington's grizzle - El Presidente es muy guapo!).

It's like Mt. Rushmore. Why carve 4 faces of ugly old men into a mountain? It's a good thing that Aldora doesn't let El Presidente carve his face into Palancar (not meaning to say his visage would be ugly like Washington's grizzle - El Presidente es muy guapo!).
Ok, now that's twice I agreed with Mossman. :confused:

There is a national monument in western NM where they preserve graffiti carved into the rock by early explorers and settlers, but don't allow anyone to do that now.

There is a national monument in western NM where they preserve graffiti carved into the rock by early explorers and settlers, but don't allow anyone to do that now.

But if you can sneak in an do it now, in 200 years they will preserve it.....

A historical marker 150 years old is a bit different then a gang's name spray painted on somebodies garage.

Go to Europe and you'll find graffiti bullsh*t elevated on a pedestal. I'm pretty sure here in the states we toyed with the idea that graffiti was 'art' in the 70s and then thankfully we quickly got over it.

I am fairly certain this new thread direction is helping Christi's next captain to NOT leave her customers at sea. IJS

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom