Capt. Slate's Atlantis Dive Center

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My and I are going to be in Key Largo on June 6 through June 13. We have made Reservations at the Tavernier Hotel for $290.00 for 7 nights. Not bad. Hotel is old, and does not have a pool, but the people seamed to be nice. My wife and I got a chance to visit the hotel while we were down there for my AOW and it was OK. We can deal with no pool.

We received a coupon for Captain Slate's Atlantis Dive Center at Oceanfest. The coupon is good for 10 dives for $179.00.

We would like to know if anyone have any personal knowledge about the dive center. We would appreciate any input. Thank You!!!!

:06:

murphdivers286:
My and I are going to be in Key Largo on June 6 through June 13. We have made Reservations at the Tavernier Hotel for $290.00 for 7 nights. Not bad. Hotel is old, and does not have a pool, but the people seamed to be nice. My wife and I got a chance to visit the hotel while we were down there for my AOW and it was OK. We can deal with no pool.

We received a coupon for Captain Slate's Atlantis Dive Center at Oceanfest. The coupon is good for 10 dives for $179.00.

We would like to know if anyone have any personal knowledge about the dive center. We would appreciate any input. Thank You!!!!

:06:

Try Tavernier Dive Center, they are very friendly and have a nice 42 foot wide beam boat.

www.tavernierdivecenter.com

Call and ask for Mike, he is the owner. Tell him Curt Bowen suggested him, you might get a discount?

Advanced Diver Magazine rated Tavernier Dive Center the #1 recreational dive facility in the upper Keys.

I have dove with Captain Slate several times... Crew is good and the boats are OK. I enjoyed my experiences with them.

I dove with Slate in March. Good boat, good crew, great time diving!

Capt. Slate's boat is going to be a bit of a hike from tavernier...go with tavernier dive center if you want to make your time worth while. If you must go into Key Largo, I would suggest Island Ventures. www.islandventure.com

hello!! forget slate unless you like slow and crowded boats. divers city(barbara) in tavernier is the best operation in my opinion in the upper keys along with island ventures(brian) in key largo. flexible dive profiles and 10 divers max. the locals use both for fills and dive trips,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

www.diverscityusa.com

reefman:
forget slate unless you like slow and crowded boats.

I can vouch for that! On October '03 I dove with them on a Divers Direct sponsored trip to the Spiegel Grove. It took us almost 1 1/2 hrs to get there plugging along at about 4 knots, and there were about 18 divers on the boat.

Reefman, glad to know the locals in Key Largo dive with Brian's "No Stress" IV.

I usually stay in Key Largo and drive down to dive Taverneir Dive Center, so I guess it wouldn't be any more of a drive to do it the other way around. Watch out for the school zone you'll have to drive thru, though.

But I agree with Curt Bowen. Dive with TDC. Mike's a super guy, and Scotty a great skipper. They're great for diving the Eagle, Duane, and maybe even the Bibb, although the latter has a dangerous record. You post left out a word in: "My and I are going to be in Key Largo..." Your what? Your teenage son? If you whomever is AOW & Nitrox certified, too, those wrecks are fun dives.

One warning: TDS is strikly non-smoking, on the boat, on the grounds, in the parking lot. I'm a horrible smoker, but I give it up half day at a time to go out with TDS.

TDC is too far from the Grove, though; Mike'll do it, with a fuel surcharge, but it takes a long time to get there and back. I like Scuba-Do in Key Largo.

DandyDon:
You post left out a word in: "My and I are going to be in Key Largo..." Your what? Your teenage son? If you whomever is AOW & Nitrox certified, too, those wrecks are fun dives.

Sorry, I meant "My wife and I'. Yes, she is AOW, Nitrox, Rescue, and a Dive Master Candidate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom