Suggestion CAPS LOCK - please turn it off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Storker

Storker

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
close to a Hell which occasionally freezes over
# of dives
100 - 199
Back in the Bronze age, when the Internet was young and the cool kids used Usenet for discussions, typing in ALL CAPS MEANT THAT YOU WERE SHOUTING.

Some of us old fogeys still think that typing in ALL CAPS MEANS THAT YOU ARE SHOUTING. So, if y'all who think about typing your thread title in all caps COULD BE SO NICE AS TO RECONSIDER THAT AND REFRAIN FROM HITTING CAPS LOCK, WE'D BE REALLY, REALLY GRATEFUL. Because typing with caps lock on is really, really annoying to us.

Thank you - sorry - THANK YOU!!! in advance.

And I'd advise you not to get me started on using Capitalization Of Every Word In A Sentence...

Dont believe everything you read on the Google box :)

51E04F42-C8D9-43FB-95FD-77775312B425.jpeg
MY 110 BAUD HALF-DUPLEX TERMINAL ONLY HAS CAPS STOP I WILL MAIL YOU A PAPER TAPE AND YOU CAN CONVERT IT ON YOUR END STOP

This thread is kind of a waste of electrons....

I agree with the OP. I have some folks that send emails in all caps. I can only hope they might stroll across a post like this (especially if I put a link to it on my signature).

An example of when it’s not so important to follow rules of standard capitalization:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I think I read somewhere once about conservation of matter....so every electron has to be somewhere anyway....might as well give them some exercise or they'll get bored and then who knows what might happen.

An example of when it’s not so important to follow rules of standard capitalization:

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Are you saying a standard existed when the US Constitution was written but was not followed?

Back
Top Bottom