capitano first stage question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timbo917

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a question about the first stage of a bauer capitano compressor.
I the manual they give a value of 0.05 mm for maximum concentric groove depth.
With cheking they just write piston must be flush. What schould be messured here?
The depth of the groove where the valve disc is mounted in is much deeper than 0,05 mm.
otherwise the valve disc would not be able to move because its also thicker than 0,05 mm.
Ore must I insert the valve disc and mesure how much clearance there is from the top of the disc
to the top of the cylinder? Ore is this the max depth of wear? Its on page 24 of the manual i got from jordair website.
I am a little bit lost here. I am doing a restoration of a old capitano and the rest of the manual and tests
are straight foreward but this I do not quite understand. Maybe its because its not in my native language.

regards

tim

Welcome to the board Bauer Support.

This is a group of friends that help each other and learn while we read answers. Please take some time and leave answers to the problems so that anyone that may have the same problem can get their stuff fixed up.

Welcome to the board Bauer Support.

This is a group of friends that help each other and learn while we read answers. Please take some time and leave answers to the problems so that anyone that may have the same problem can get their stuff fixed up.

Ron,
Have you contacted Bauer Support about this question?
You can do so by filling following this link and submitting your request.

Bauer Compressors, Inc. | Email Bauer Customer Support

The team will be glad to assist.

Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom