Canyon lake reports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CCTX50

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Does anyone have any reports for Canyon Lake? I have not been there since April of last year and am wondering if the water has come up simular to Lake Travis. Last time I was there you had to do some serious walking down some rocks to reach the water. Thanks for the input.

The lake is full and looks good. I havn't dived it this year but have been boating. The parks will be opening next month. I suspect visability will be good by June.

Yes the lake is back up. A few weeks ago when we were doing a recovery operation the lake was only a few feet below normal, the water temp was 58 on the surface and 50 from about 40' down with about 5-8' visibility. And no you won't have to walk down the 80 yards from the parking area at North Park to get to the water like last year during the DRI class. Let me know if you need anything when you come up to dive.

A couple of weeks ago I was at Duggan's Diving and Art showed me pictures of the current levels at Holiday Park (across from North Park). The levels are looking good. I haven't dove Canyon since November, but may be there on Wednesday. If plans workout for Wednesday I'll give you an update on conditions.

planning on camping and diving april 2 3 leaving 4th please chime in will camping area fill due to holliday. thanks ROCKHUNTER

Won't be able to make it on this trip. I will post when I might be able to get up there. Safe Diving!

planning on camping and diving april 2 3 leaving 4th please chime in will camping area fill due to holliday. thanks ROCKHUNTER

I was wondering if you dove or not. I didn't see a dive reports on the conditions page.

Also, where exactly is the best place to dive Canyon Lake ? I have 5 tanks, but is there air fills anywhere close ? I've also heard there are tilipia in Canyon, is this so and are they easily found ? What about a map of underwater features of the dive areas ? Thanks for any info. I've been wanting to dive here, but haven't made a trip and am not too familiar with the lake.

The only place I have dove in Canyon Lake is at Holiday Lodge (Ramp #1). Its a nice site with a small selection of u/w "wrecks". Duggan's Diving is probably the closest store for air fills.

The viz is usually around 5-6', at least the times I've been there. It's great for navigation training, plus ropes are in place to lead to each "wreck" from the platform. As far as I know its not a very deep area and I was told it has a shallow decline out toward the main lake. The deepest I've been in the area was 60'.

If you have any other questions let me know and I'll answer as best as I can.

Phillip

Dove North Park night dive friday night 60deg at surface 56deg at 96ft 25ft or better will post on conditions page.

Back
Top Bottom