Cantamar/Baja Diving & Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Recently dove the La Paz area. Stayed at Cantamar and used their dive service, Baja Diving & Service. The infrastructure at Cantamar and the food were ok, no complaints. However, BD&S was terrible. Never checked our C cards. The boats are cattle trawlers, slow and unreliable. The resort is closer to the dive sites but the boats are the last to arrive at any site, if they get there at all. On your first dive day you will be assigned to a boat that broke down yesterday and the day before, and the previous day...We watched this happen day after day. One day the boat we were on totally broke down -- no diving, just a six hour journey of engine covers, grease and diesel fumes. There appears to be a merry-go-round of ad-hoc divemasters who are overwhelmed and exercise poor judgement: a brand new diver getting certified that day was allowed to attempt to dive in a extremely strong current at La Reina. He was blown off the dive site by himself and ended up on another boat. Stay away from Cantamar boats and Baja Diving & Service.

I am glad you did your dive report on scuba board as I suggested.
I hope they pay attention and do something about the operation!
Good meeting you at Buena Vista! By the way I rescued a dog last Saturday and she is wonderful!!!!!! So we have a new one in our life now! She is so sweet. We already love her!
Diane

Back
Top Bottom