Can't send DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tuba

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
For the past week or two I've noticed that any time I try to send a Direct Message, I get an error telling me to contact someone from a list of staff members (and said list is empty).

Same here. I assumed it was a filter auto applied to new users, possibly to prevent scammers and bots.

For the past week or two I've noticed that any time I try to send a Direct Message, I get an error telling me to contact someone from a list of staff members (and said list is empty).
That's correct and @carrythatweight has already made the correct assumption.
The empty list will be filled.

Currently the threshold is set to 10 messages. Obviously, we're looking for input as to what that number should be.

Currently the threshold is set to 10 messages. Obviously, we're looking for input as to what that number should be.
Hi…I am trying to DM Duke Dive Medicine (you are also on the message). I have the required 5 comments, but I am getting an automatic message that my content is inappropriate (it concerns a recent breast cancer diagnosis). Could you review and send it on? Thanks, Cherry

I'm new to ScubaBoard and would like to send a DM to the seller of a dive computer. When I tried to send a DM, I received a message that I need to post 5x before being allowed to to send a DM. I'm a little unclear of what constitutes a post that will allow me to send a DM. Any guidance is appreciated. Regards, Shawn

I vote for much higher!
I'd say a combination of number of messages and how long you've been on the Board. Ten (or most any number) can be obtain in almost no time....and the point is to prevent newbie scammers, so focus on "newbie" by how long they have been signed up. Maybe 1 month minimum?

Back
Top Bottom