Can't send DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm new to ScubaBoard and would like to send a DM to the seller of a dive computer. When I tried to send a DM, I received a message that I need to post 5x before being allowed to to send a DM.

Post in the thread offering the computer requesting that the OP send a DM to you. You can answer DMs as a new member but you can't start them due to spammers who abused the feature.

That's helpful and I will post a message for the seller asking him to DM me about the dive computer although I'm guessing the seller will only see my request or post if he logs on to ScubaBoard whereas a DM is delivered directly to the members personal email. Is this understanding correct?

Thank you!

That's helpful and I will post a message for the seller asking him to DM me about the dive computer although I'm guessing the seller will only see my request or post if he logs on to ScubaBoard whereas a DM is delivered directly to the members personal email. Is this understanding correct?

Thank you!
Not quite; if the seller is "watching" the thread (the default, I believe) they will be alerted to all posts by email.

I'm guessing the seller will only see my request or post if he logs on to ScubaBoard whereas a DM is delivered directly to the members personal email. Is this understanding correct?
Not quite; if the seller is "watching" the thread (the default, I believe) they will be alerted to all posts by email.

@tursiops is correct. It depends on the member's settings. By default, a member's posts will be "Watched" without Email notifications. You can "Watch" a thread (by default) just by creating the thread or posting in it.

1671406727996.png

You can also Watch or Unwatch a thread by clicking the button at the top-right of the thread:

1671407913009.png

These default settings can be changed in your Account details:

1671408120661.png

Home > Your account > Preferences

1671407084950.png

By default, members don't receive emails when they get a DM (Direct Message) unless they change this setting:

1671407386264.png

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom