Can't seem to figure out the name of this fern-like critter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Where2Next

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am sure this is a common creature - they were everywhere on our dives in Indonesia. They could walk, and would curl up tight when there was sudden movement. I have googled my brain out, and nothing is coming up. Here is a picture of one in some stag horn coral. Anyone know? Thank you!

Attachments

• 56166257814.jpg
    56166257814.jpg
    432.8 KB · Views: 78
I did a search using those names; I do believe you are correct on both accounts. Thanks!

alright - one more question... I have all marine life figured out, and this is my last missing fish name. Do you recognize this guy?

(I am putting together a photo book from my trip)

Attachments

• 40166257814.jpg
    40166257814.jpg
    393.8 KB · Views: 74
Saw a bunch of those things (crinoids) around Malaysia. They're really creepy looking when they are free swimming towards you. I saw a couple in our group who go them stuck on them. They stick like crazy.

alright - one more question... I have all marine life figured out, and this is my last missing fish name. Do you recognize this guy?

Threadfin anthias (Pseudanthias huchti).

Yes Crinoid/Feather Star, as well as huchti are all correct - I looked them up. Now hopefully I have a picture book that is scientifically correct! Thanks for everyone's help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom