Can't Get Peregrine to Sync with Subsurface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, can anyone please provide a work-a-round for my situation:

I have a Subsurface cloud account that has my logs in the cloud and I also have a copy stored locally. I also have locally stored dive log files for the wife and daughter. These were started when they had other computers and pre-cloud, but now have Peregrines, and the whole Windows/Subsurface/Bluetooth issue has me stuck unable to do anything with their electronic log and the Peregrine product. And the success with other Shearwater devices on a Windows platform becomes less and less reliable..

Occasionally, I can get my Perdix AI (I own 2 of them) and my Petrel 1 to actually talk with a Windows PC through Subsurface (though it seems to be less and less successful) and manage my log. It is easy to just take out my Android tablet/phone and use Subsurface Mobile to download my dives. I can then open and use the data on other operating system platforms..

Thing is, I can't do anything with the wife's and daughter's logs or computers through Subsurface Mobile as there is no way to open a locally stored log, just my cloud log, and it would be then jumbled with their dives......

it used to be so easy....

The way I think I understand it, I'll need to have three different Subsurface Mobile programs available to me (so three different mobile devices), each set up with a discrete account... Basically leave the log management to my wife and daughter to maintain (and that isn't going to happen.....)

I'd really think that the ability to open locally stored logs in Subsurface Mobile would be the solution, but I don't see that code being written...

I'm really frustrated...

Make separate cloud accounts for them. Access them from the desktop via command line switch. (See the help file for details.)

My android phone has the capability to have multiple instances of an app, each mapped to the appropriate cloud accounts. It's called "parallel apps". Perhaps yours does as well.

Basically leave the log management to my wife and daughter to maintain (and that isn't going to happen.....)
If they don't care about it... and they don't care to listen to you telling them they should care... why not respect their decision (for better or worse)?

In other words, you can lead a horse to water...

I have never been able to get my Perdix or a friend's Peregrine to download to Subsurface. Not sure if problem is computer or Subsurface.

My android phone has the capability to have multiple instances of an app, each mapped to the appropriate cloud accounts. It's called "parallel apps". Perhaps yours does as well.
Is it an app or native ability? I see "parallel apps" in the PlayStore, but an always concerned on using third party stuff and privacy...

In my case, I'm running a Google Pixel5..

Parallel Apps is native on my phone, but after looking further, it doesn't support all apps (i.e., Subsurface).

I wonder if making a user profile for each user on your phone would work. It would be a manual step to switch, but at least it's your phone/timeline.

Make separate cloud accounts for them. Access them from the desktop via command line switch. (See the help file for details.)
Yeah, I think this is what you need to do. Separate cloud accounts. I think initially, the locally stored files for the daughter and wife will need to be uploaded to the new cloud accounts. From then on, can probably just run their accounts from the cloud storage file. Otherwise, I think you may need to point to separate files each time, which would be a pain.

Once they are uploaded, they should be able to use the mobile app to keep the log updated should they choose to.

i can't get the peregrine to connect to neither the app (android) or pc app (win), can someone explain me how to get it work? even only on mobile app, then i will use the cloud to use it on pc.

i can't get the peregrine to connect to neither the app (android) or pc app (win), can someone explain me how to get it work? even only on mobile app, then i will use the cloud to use it on pc.
Connecting to Perdix on my olds S8 Note worked flawless. On my new Android, you have to go to BT settings, pair device manualy and then go to Subsurface and connect.
I never got it to work on PC, even with SW dongle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom