Can't Get Peregrine to Sync with Subsurface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just purchased a Peregrine, but haven't dove it yet. If I understand this thread correctly, in order to eventually get my Peregrine dive log imported to SubSurface on my Win10 PC, I would need to do the following:

• Export the Peregrine logs from the dive computer to the Shearwater Cloud app on my Android phone, using BT
  • Load the SubSurface Android mobile app on my phone
  • Import (copy?) the logs from the Shearwater mobile app to the SubSurface mobile app on my phone
  • Export the Subsurface logs from my phone to the SubSurface Win10 application on my PC using BT.
Do I have this right?

I just purchased a Peregrine, but haven't dove it yet. If I understand this thread correctly, in order to eventually get my Peregrine dive log imported to SubSurface on my Win10 PC, I would need to do the following:

• Export the Peregrine logs from the dive computer to the Shearwater Cloud app on my Android phone, using BT
  • Load the SubSurface Android mobile app on my phone
  • Import (copy?) the logs from the Shearwater mobile app to the SubSurface mobile app on my phone
  • Export the Subsurface logs from my phone to the SubSurface Win10 application on my PC using BT.
Do I have this right?
That doesn’t sound right. You should be able to import directly into Subsurface.

IIRC, there was an issue with early Peregrines, but that was fixed by a Firmware update.

You may have a Test Dive on your Peregrine that you could try to download. At the very least, you should be able to connect to the DC in Subsurface-mobile.

And, I should add if you sign up for the cloud account, you just need to sync to cloud, and all dives will be available on any device with Subsurface.

I dove my Peregrine for the first time a few weeks ago; I already had the Subsurface app on my phone, and downloading the dives to the app directly from the computer was effortless. I did update all the firmware when I received it (used), so that may have helped.

Thanks Brian.
You may have a Test Dive on your Peregrine that you could try to download
Doh! I deleted the Factory dive yesterday. :(
At the very least, you should be able to connect to the DC in Subsurface-mobile.
Yes! I was able to connect my Peregrine to the SS Cloud App, and it showed no dives downloaded, as expected.

I signed up for (registered) a cloud account also. I entered those credentials in the PC-based app, and it looks like I am now set up to store dives in the cloud, in order to have access on any device.

Once I start diving with the Peregrine, it will be interesting to see how the program displays the dive info, and how much info will need to be manually added.

Thanks again.

Thanks Brian.

Doh! I deleted the Factory dive yesterday. :(
You might be able to get it back. The below was in the faq section for the Perdix AI. I don’t know if it works the same for the Peregrine, but it might.

I deleted my dive logs by accident! Can I get them back?
Yes, to unlock dive log recovery, go to “Dive Log->Edit Log Number” and set this to “9997”.

Now the “Clear Logs” menu option will be changed to “Restore Logs”. This will restore all deleted logs. To restore individually, go to the “Dive Log->Display Logs” page. Deleted logs will be grayed-out. Select the dive to restore, then press the right button until the “Edit Dive” menu comes up. This will have a restore option.

Once I start diving with the Peregrine, it will be interesting to see how the program displays the dive info, and how much info will need to be manually added.
It will pull a lot. Profile, GF settings, gas mix, NDL, deco stops, etc. You’ll need to tell enter gear info, location, temperature, etc. If you enter GPS coordinates, it will display on a map on the desktop version. When you enter start and end pressure along with selecting the cylinder size, it will also calculate RMV/SAC.

FWIW, when I bought my peregrine it would not pair with either my win 11 PC or my android phone.

In the shearwater cloud app I just told it to connect & it did. But not as a BT device in the control panel

You might be able to get it back. The below was in the faq section for the Perdix AI. I don’t know if it works the same for the Peregrine, but it might.
Thanks I will try that later tonight or tomorrow.

I had the same issue today with Windows 11. I could not sync with Bluetooth, but no problem with my Android phone.

It worked! I didn't use the process you provided; instead I read the f*ing manual and restored the factory dive that way. Thanks again.

When you enter start and end pressure along with selecting the cylinder size, it will also calculate RMV/SAC
Yep, tried that out and got a SAC rate. A couple of parameters in Subsurface didnt agree with the Peregrine but that could be "user misunderstanding". A number which appears to be average depth on Subsurface (181') didn't agree with the Peregrine (185'), and GF Hi/Lo were different. I'll need to look into that more.

It worked! I didn't use the process you provided; instead I read the f*ing manual and restored the factory dive that way. Thanks again.
Well, that always works. 😄
Yep, tried that out and got a SAC rate. A couple of parameters in Subsurface didnt agree with the Peregrine but that could be "user misunderstanding". A number which appears to be average depth on Subsurface (181') didn't agree with the Peregrine (185'), and GF Hi/Lo were different. I'll need to look into that more.
Subsurface will calculate using Buhlmann or VPM algorithms, and you can set conservatism separately in the settings on Subsurface desktop. So, if you change these to match, the GFs should match. If you look at the info box at a point on the profile, you can see two NDL numbers (or deco numbers). The one with (calc) after it is generated by Subsurface, the other comes from the DC.

As for the average depth, this could be from different sampling rates, but just a guess.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom