Can't Get Peregrine to Sync with Subsurface

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Patrick Star

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

It is a strange problem. When I use my laptop to sync my Peregrine with the Shearwater Cloud, it works just fine. I have downloaded Subsurface (thanks to Ralph's suggestion to visit the Dark Side) on the same laptop, but when I try to pair my laptop with my Peregrine, it doesn't work.

While trying to pair, my laptop initially sees "Peregrine," but when I ask it to pair, it thinks...and thinks...and thinks. Then I always get the same error message: Try connecting your device again."

What gives? Am I going about it the wrong way? Should I be downloading from my Peregrine itself (as I am attempting), or should I be downloading from the Shearwater Cloud?

Thank you for your advice.

I have only been able to download my Teric to a Windows laptop when NOT paired via the system menu. Unpair it, run Subsurface, scan within Subsurface, Select but DO NOT PAIR in Subsurface, then Save/Download. I know, that sounds wrong, but that's the only way I can make it work. Even then, it doesn't work 100% of the time.

I don't believe the issue is the dive computer or Subsurface. Instead, it seems to related to the laptop/desktop Bluetooth support.

Mobile devices handle Bluetooth far better. You may find it easier to use the mobile version of Subsurface to download to the Subsurface cloud storage, then open the cloud storage on the laptop for the additional functionality. That route is flawless for me.

(The only reason I don't always go the mobile route is I keep pool training in a separate log file.)

Windows. Thank you for your suggestions. I will try them and report back.

Worked flawlessly!
Thank you both.

Can you please share which option worked for you? I'm still unable to sync my Peregrine on Windows.
Don't use Windows. Use the mobile app on a smartphone. Then you can sync it to the desktop app on Windows. But, the actual download from the Dive Computer is to the phone.

I had to use the mobile phone as well....I called Shearwater as I could not get my Perdix or Peregrine to sync...they said use your phone and everything worked fine as it goes to the cloud...then on the computer you can review everything cloud based

I have a similar problem with my laptop connecting with my Perdix and Perdix AI. It has trouble with both Shearwater Cloud and DivingLog. I don't use Subsurface, but I'm pretty sure it would have similar results. The laptop just doesn't seem to want to follow through all the way with the connection. It works flawlessly on my desktop, tablets, phone(s), and any other laptop in the house, so I'm pretty sure it's that something with that particular laptop. Someone from Shearwater spent a pretty good bit of time with me on a goto meeting trying to figure it out and it seems to just be something flakey with the Bluetooth on it. I'm kind of hoping upgrading to Win 11 will magically fix it, but I'm not holding my breath. In the meantime, I just sync with my tablet or phone when I'm on a trip or just wait until I get home and use my desktop.

I always used phone, because I couldn't get it to work on Windows (both laptop and desktop).
Sadly, Subsurface is now mission dive location scan tool.

Back
Top Bottom