Can’t get on site?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have been getting this error with my android phone Chrome browser for several days now.
Desktop chrome browsers work fine.

I couldn't help but notice the irony when this ad showed up on ScubaBoard:

upload_2018-11-15_10-7-39.png

Works ok now! Yay!

The valid certificate from Symantec has been changed to one from AWS about 4 months prior to it's expiration. This was all about money and I'm blaming Google's greed. Discussions between Symantec and Google in regards to how much money Google should get with each SSL certificate have failed. So Google, the most popular search engine out there, put the screws to them and has caused a lot of angst for the rest of us by blocking sites with certificates from Symantec. There is no additional security. Your browsing is no safer. We're just being held hostage by Google. Yes, you can always add an "exception" to allow your favorite site to get past this petty issue. Rather than you having to do this, we've gone to a different certificate. Since the site runs on AWS servers we've gone to them. The good news is that no wants to mess with AWS, not even Google, so you should have unfettered access from here on out. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom