can't find wrist mount for sk7

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the sharkman

Contributor
Reaction score
I have the sk7 mounted to my console, and want to switch it to a wrist mount. I am having trouble finding just the mount, without having the compass included. Is there other wrist mounts I could use? Anyone seen the wrist mount only for the sk7.
thanx
sharkman

I'm afraid that the SK7 comes in three flavors - wrist mount, console module, and console rear mount. You can't interchange them - if you have the console module, it can only be used on a console - you can't move it to a wrist mount. Each type of SK7 has it's own specifically moulded body. Best bet is to offload it on eBay (or better yet, the entire console unless you're using a Cobra), and buy the wrist mount version. And once you have the wristmount version, get rid of the buckle strap and replace it with bungee cord.

I had a hard time just finding the wrist mount and compass. I called every LDS, about 7 in total before i found it. $90

that a good Price or not? its the only shop that carries them

Andy

trymixdiver once bubbled...
I had a hard time just finding the wrist mount and compass. I called every LDS, about 7 in total before i found it. $90

that a good Price or not? its the only shop that carries them

Andy

I got mine through diveinn for cheaper and was shipped here in a week.

Well i found another shop that had the SK7 wrist mount. I bought it from them cause it was $69 and this way i dont have to wait for shipping one in from ONLINE stores. I hate to wait, that and i need it for friday :)

Andy

you could drill holes into the plastic housing (careful, don't drill the actual compass), and route the bungee thru those holes. Thats what I did with mine. Not the sk7, but they're all in an oversized housing.

mike

in fact, mine had a removable back to it, made the routing easier. I don't remember the model, but it was a suunto as well.

bengiddins once bubbled...
Best bet is to offload it on eBay (or better yet, the entire console unless you're using a Cobra), and buy the wrist mount version. And once you have the wristmount version, get rid of the buckle strap and replace it with bungee cord.
I agree. This is what I ended up doing. I sold my empty console with the SK7 compass attached for more than it cost me to buy the wristmount SK7 from DiveInn. I too ditched the crappy rubber watch band and rigged up bungee cord and it's awesome.:)

I have the Suunto SK-5. It's designed to be a wrist mount and it's easy enough to add bungee or a bolt snap with some cave line. I got both of mine on ebay for about $20 or $30...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom