Can't find a good movie or documentary about Scuba diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

"The Deep" was poorly rated so I did not bother.
The Deep is actually pretty good. Lots of scuba diving and underwater filming by Al Giddings, plus Jacqueline Bisset in a wet T-shirt. Win Win.

Coral Reef Adventure (2003) - IMDb

A1hgVvABbEL._RI_.jpg

“Descending” is a really phenomenal dive show but it’s been a few years since you could find full episodes on line. I ended up buying the Blue-ray set from their website, well worth it. There is another documentary “Dave Not Coming Back” which is on Prime but not in Canada so I have yet to see it.

I can recommend several movies that, for me, are very good and accurate in terms of diving science :
1) Breaking surface (Breaking Surface (2020) - IMDb)
2) Diving into the unknown (Takaisin pintaan (2016) - IMDb)
3) Pioneer (Pioneer (2013) - IMDb)
4) Dykket (Dykket (1989) - IMDb)

Oh, how did I forget Diving into the Unknown while reading through this thread.... That's a very well made film. It could be a little too intense for some people, but as long as one is able to recognize the differences (or similarities, but that's a different topic) between the film and their own diving, it should be fine.

Nice list!

As far as Hollywood production, “Into the Blue” is a favorite of mine. Probably more freediving than scuba footage but very watchable for mindless entertainment and eye candy. I don’t tend to rewatch movies but this one I’ve seen more times the I care to admit.
upload_2020-12-16_11-21-17.jpeg

The sequel on the other hand is positively unwatchable.

****, I just noticed you did want to hear about “Into the Blue”, oops.

Back
Top Bottom